996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Warranty issues with MODS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 08:10 AM
marcsanz is infamous around these parts
There a good dealerships out there, just hard to find sometimes. I know that I do everything in my power to warranty issues even if Porsche N.A. wont. Sometimes you have to lose a little money to keep a customer happy, that is just the nature of the business.

Old 10-01-2005, 08:15 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Bert Smith Moto
There a good dealerships out there, just hard to find sometimes. I know that I do everything in my power to warranty issues even if Porsche N.A. wont. Sometimes you have to lose a little money to keep a customer happy, that is just the nature of the business.
You have personally saved my fahter literally thousands of dollars regarding one of these so called "warranty issues". (They matched your price BTW) I wish I could say the same for the Mn Porsche dealers.
Thanks Marc!

Old 10-01-2005, 09:42 AM
marcsanz is infamous around these parts
Good to hear Luis, I still cant believe they wont warranty your fathers tranny. Good to know I could at least save him a few dollars.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Absolutely! it is a strange situation indeed... The best thing I can do however is recommend the most reasonable dealership in my area to my customers and I do that. I seriously send everyone over to Brian @ Carlsen. Plus Christian (their tech) rebuilt my motor- he's awesome. He builds motors with Jerry Woods so he knows his stuff....

Thanks Alex!

Old 10-03-2005, 07:42 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
The rules are:

You mod you void all affected parts.

No service writer has enough clout to protect you from the "Dealer" and "Porsche" policies. In fact, the Dealer can't even protect you from Porsche policies

When "push comes to shove" with mods you're on your own, and getting problems resolved will be an uphill battle.

Mods may be great, but don't delude yourself, you'll be at the end of the line in the blame game over warranty costs, and those ahead of you will probably have a great deal more resources to fight the issue.

If I'm wrong, you should have no problem getting the Dealer to put the "mod" coverage in writing, and insist on it.

But, don't hold your breath waiting for it!