996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Advice needed with Different brands of Headers Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 08:49 PM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
thanks for all the info....too late...ordered them and will have them tomorrow....hope something good comes out of it....i will let you guys know....cheers Ted

Old 10-13-2005, 07:00 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by trozenhorse
thanks for all the info....too late...ordered them and will have them tomorrow....hope something good comes out of it....i will let you guys know....cheers Ted
You have waaaayyyy too much money, Ted.
Good luck.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:11 AM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
ted,

you have to address the system as whole so don't expect any huge gains when you add on one at a time. along with exhaust you have to address the intake side AND remap the ECU to get full gains out of you bolt-ons. don't expect any huge gains once you done all these mods. at the the most you'll get 10~13%.

FWIW i NEVER got any CEL with my evo v-flow. i clean my MAF every so often with electrical contact spray, just as a preventative measure. amazing sound too.

Originally posted by trozenhorse

Old 10-15-2005, 10:28 AM
thanks for all the info, i just called the tech guy @ porsche again just now, he assures me the gains with the air intake are so minimal and one things Porsche did right on the non turbo engine was the air intake....and he also said he still gets CEL lights from most custoerm who put it in, but i guess if you clean it yourself that would prevent it. Cant wait to get the car back now, he said the new headers sound great and there is a feeling of more torque for sure, nit much HP gains, even with the new exhaust as well....i am still concerned baout h ecu changea here in monreal i cannot even find anyone who sodes this to service me so it is not worth it for me for now...thanks for the input. Ted

Old 10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
spr
spr is infamous around these parts
when I put on my headers I already had mufflers and ecu. I did feel the difference more pull lower down and through the rpm. I feel like less than 5hp difference on the butt dyno so it was worth it to me.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
If you swap headers without changing the ECU programming you could be losing HP instead of gaining it...

Old 10-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey T, why is that? got the car back, now has exhaust, headers and short shifter, unfortuantely got it back the other night, pouring rain and now out of town in europe so i couldnt drive it that hard, the car sounds great and much more responsive, the dealer told me not much HP gain from all this stuff but more torque for sure....feels that way....i just also had a new engine installed and they really tuned it all well together now....runs really really well and as i mentioned the sound is awesome....if you havem ore insight that would be great....thanks Ted