996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:20 PM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Amen......

Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
Whiteout, I honestly would still rather have my car. My car has a huge sentimental meaning to me and there really is no price tag to the car for me. I used to have a 993 model car that I would play with as a child and would always tell my father that one day I would own a 911. My father would always say "well then you better do good in school". I went through a lot to finally be able to buy a Porsche and when the day finally came my father/best friend was right by my side.

We took a fairy to block island and met up with the owner. After signing all the paperwork my father and I was blasting down the highway together. My father put back the sunroof and you could see the excitement in his eyes. He must have told me a 100 times that trip how proud he was of me to accomplish my dreams. I will never get rid of this car unless I have no choice. This car to me symbolizes so much. So, as cost effective as something might be I would personally rather spend the extra money. The extra money doesn't come close to the value that memory and car is to me

Old 06-18-2015, 03:04 PM
996lee is infamous around these parts
awesome project buddy and loved the sentimental background too buddy

ps hope you do go the s/c route as love the detail you've gone into so far and I don't think I've seen one detailed thread from anyone that has supercharged theirs

and its something I'm probably gonna do in the future too!

Old 06-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
Today I got the parts back and started the process of putting the car back together. It's a slow process because I don't want to scratch any of the paint. The mesh for the bumper needed to be glued on because there is no clips the fasten the mesh to the bumper. I wish the bumper already came with something because this process is a bit annoying (my first complaint about the kit). Tomorrow I get the hood back and will be installing that as well. I still have to jack the car up and fastened everything in the fender wells and hook up all the lights. The only other thing I want to do is lower the car more. I see this kit sits higher than my stock fenders and bumper. I hate wheel gap so I will absolutely be lowering the front end more.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Hell yeah!! That looks professionally done. You blended everything well. Lmao you couldn't wait till the weekend. I completely understand.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
FLA and 996, I apologize as I did not see your earlier posts. Thank you both for the kind posts. My father and I have been close ever since I was first born. He would take me everywhere with him and brag about me to everyone. I hope I am half the father he has been to me.

If/when I do the s/c I will absolutely create a thread like this one detailing each step. Luckily I have a large mechanical background so that's a project I will be able to tackle on my own.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Atrox, thanks!!! I've waited long enough to see the car back together lol, I couldn't wait another moment. Thank you, I've really been trying to take my time and do this set up right. This is a Porsche, not a Honda. I don't want to take perfection and turn it into sh*t. I can't wait to see the hood on it tomorrow. I think the matte carbon will look awesome.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
How does the paint match up to the car? Hard to see in the pics to be sure, but it looks spot on as best I can see.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:51 AM
It matches beautifully. The original paint just needs to be detailed. From all the dust from sanding and everything. But the paint matches perfect

Old 06-19-2015, 05:16 AM
So I'm sitting in my garage having my morning coffee enjoying the new front end. I'm so used to the original front end that even when I look at the car now I still see the original c4s front end. This isn't me saying I wish I didn't do the upgrade because I am absolutely 110% in love with how the car looks. I'm simply saying is every time I look up I still expect to see the original c4s front end lol

Old 06-19-2015, 07:44 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. Are you using your original 996 fender liners and how's the fitment? Any new mounting points you have to fab up?

Speaking of lowering, since you have FRP fenders, you can't exactly roll the lips. How much lip sticks out of the FRP fenders?

Old 06-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Alpine, there is no cutting or welding needed for this kit. The fender liners I do plan to use. I'm not sure yet how they line up and if I will need to modify them. There is plenty of clearance from the lip and wouldn't need to roll the fenders even if they were metal fenders.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:45 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Alpine, there is no cutting or welding needed for this kit. The fender liners I do plan to use. I'm not sure yet how they line up and if I will need to modify them. There is plenty of clearance from the lip and wouldn't need to roll the fenders even if they were metal fenders.
Thanks, looking forward to the updates.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:11 PM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
Looking good!

Whiteout, I honestly would still rather have my car. My car has a huge sentimental meaning to me . . .
Totally understand the sentimental car thing, I was just being realistic for a 996WB with boost.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Thank you whiteout! Yeah it probably would be a little more feasible but there is used units out there for around 4 grand. If I can find one of those it wouldn't any cheaper to keep my car and actually cheaper. The running you can get off one of them super chargers is faster than a turbo.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:40 PM
This weekend I didn't do much at all with the car. I spent the weekend with my family and had father's day on sunday. I did manage to get the headlights fully installed and wired up. I started getting the wheel well plastic back in also. It lines up for the most part but does need a little modification to be perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S