996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 09:18 AM
lingpoen is infamous around these parts
so, ur almost done....wana do it again???

m

Old 06-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
Yeah almost done. I wanted to work on it tonight but I'm too tired. I wouldn't mind doing it again. It has been a fun project for me.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
Got the hood back today and I LOVE it!! I have to put the latch and bumpers back on the hood so the front is lower than it will normally be right now. I also have to put the emblem back on the front

Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
That looks bad ***, been waiting to see all the panels on. Good call on the wrap, it finishes it perfectly. Fit and finish is top notch. Have you you thought about updating the rear lights to make the whole package updated?

Old 06-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Thanks Atrox!! I like the tail lights stock. Maybe one day down the road but honestly don't know if I ever will. I'm now looking into rollcage, bride bucket racing seats, harness and sparco steering wheel

Old 06-24-2015, 10:31 AM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
Thanks Atrox!! I like the tail lights stock. Maybe one day down the road but honestly don't know if I ever will. I'm now looking into rollcage, bride bucket racing seats, harness and sparco steering wheel
Have you seen the new LED taillights for C4S and turbo widebody chasis, they don't look too bad.. I think the vendor is Del rey customs out of cali.
A bunch of turbo guys have been getting them...

Old 06-24-2015, 10:42 AM
YJoseph, do you have any pictures of them?

Old 06-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Whole thread on the tail lights here

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/357073-996-tt-c4s-led-tail-light-thread-post-photos-here.html

Old 06-24-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm honestly not that fond of them. I thought 99% of those cars looked better with the stock taillights. I love how the top of the stock light is smocked and the bottom is read.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Yeah I'm not a huge fan either, and will stick with my stock lights. When do you think you'll have her all put back together? Love to see some natural light photos.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:05 PM
I hope by friday. With work and family life it makes it hard to get into the garage some nights. Last night was an ideal night to work on her but I was too tired. I got in bed instead lol. I hope tonight I can start on the passage fender liner. I want to get her back on the ground and see how she looks with the wheels on and everything. I'm also going to lower the front end more while I have it up on jackstands

Old 06-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Just ordered a full rollcage. It is made to order so I won't have it for another 3 weeks or so. I got an awesome deal on it. The original list price was 1175.00 plus 156 to ship. It's marked down to 995 with 156 shipping. I called horsepower freaks and they marked it down even more for me. They gave me the full cage shipped for 1000.00. I couldn't pass up on that deal. In the next couple weeks I'm going to order some racing bucket seats along with a sparco steering wheel and some 5 point harnesses

Old 06-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Here's a link to the website if anyone else is interested in buying one. If you call I'm sure they will give you the same deal they gave me if you mention it.

https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-31159.html?gclid=CJn4uKW_psYCFdgKgQod_XsF9w

Old 06-24-2015, 03:37 PM
When I get the cage in I plan on plasti dipping it red. Once I start getting parts in I will start a new thread for the interior make over.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:51 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
I'm honestly not that fond of them. I thought 99% of those cars looked better with the stock taillights. I love how the top of the stock light is smocked and the bottom is read.
Good call, I have the same taste. The thing that bothers me most about the led for the widebody is that they put that line that sticks out which doesn't flow that well IMO.

You can always "lightly" tint the existing white section of your taillights. That's what I'd do at least.

It's coming along good as usual. I'm not really fond of the bluish/purple lights myself but that's just individual taste. Around here cops tend to profile peeps with the bluish/purple headlights the most at night assuming they're all Honduhs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S