996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Greetings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 07:57 PM
desert996 is infamous around these parts
Smile Greetings

Greetings,
I’ve been browsing through 6speed for a while, and have finally gotten around to posting some pictures (my car's looks are pretty average compared to some of the beautiful vehicles on this board). My current car is a 1999 996 coupe which I’ve had for a couple of years and have thoroughly enjoyed (my first Porsche). In its stock configuration, the car is wonderful, but being a horsepower junkie the car did not stay stock for long. The beginning of this year, I purchased an EVOMS supercharger and installed it myself (I really wanted to get to know this car well, and there were no local installers near me). Big thanks to EVOMS for a great product and I particularly want to thank Mike Myers at EVOMS for his help with all of my installation questions. The only other mods are H&R springs to lower the car, clear side markers, and a few carbon fiber interior pieces. All I can say is the car is simply amazing with these few mods- very fast and very agile. I am definitely a satisfied customer, but of course my story doesn’t end here. A few weeks ago I came across a low mileage 2001 996 turbo (actually here on 6speed) and pulled the trigger. The car should arrive this week and I’m just itching to get started with the turbo mods- will have to give EVOMS a call soon. Although I have also been reading so many good things about Stephen Kasper and Imagine Auto and may also give him a call.

Glen

Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 PM
DOCCHEW is a splendid one to beholdDOCCHEW is a splendid one to beholdDOCCHEW is a splendid one to beholdDOCCHEW is a splendid one to beholdDOCCHEW is a splendid one to beholdDOCCHEW is a splendid one to behold
Welcome and nice car!! Congratulations on the Turbo purchase. I hope that you'll post some photos of your new ride when you get a chance.
Safe driving.

Old 11-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Nice and welcome

Old 11-12-2005, 09:12 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard. Congrats!

Old 11-12-2005, 09:42 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Nice car! What are you gonna do with the supercharged one?

Old 11-12-2005, 10:03 PM
desert996 is infamous around these parts
Kem,
Unfortunately I have run out or garage space, so as much as I love it, the supercharged 996 will be put up for sale soon. (Unless I can convince the wife to park out on the street).

Glen

Old 11-13-2005, 06:49 AM
dgray996 is infamous around these parts
Welcome! Nice looking ride I like the wheels, are those the 18" OEM sport classic?

Old 11-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
The great thing about this place is that most of the cars for sale here are well taken care of, so you really don't have to worry...plus most of us know the history on these cars pretty well too, just from the stories!

Old 11-13-2005, 05:28 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
great sleeper

Old 11-14-2005, 07:29 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
you lucky dog. supercharged c2 and a TT....I'm jealous.

Nice garage and welcome!

Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 PM
kc911 is infamous around these parts
Nice; welcome.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Welcome aboard.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:59 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
The looks may be average, but the car certainly isn't with that SC on it!

It definitely makes it a sleeper (as much as a Porsche can be ).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.