996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Electric troubles in 996 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by berlysario
I've noticed that Porsches tend to exhibit unusual electrical behaviors when the battery begins to fail
Well said....

Old 01-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor1
Same seems to apply with my climate controls, most illogical ever. I can never figure out which button does what and randomly press until I get the air clearing the glass or heating the cabin via the vents. Press and pray
Really? There's one button that looks like the middle air vents. If you push that, the air comes out of the middle air vents. If you want it to come out of the upper air vents, you push the button with the arrow pointing up. If you want air to come out of the lower air vents, you push the button with the arrow pointing down.

I'm not trying to bust your chops here, I just don't understand how that could be illogical or complicated. The word "MANUELL" is a bit more confusing.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:44 AM
cWade is infamous around these parts
I recently replaced the battery in my 1999 at Batteries Plus, they plugged a backup into the OBD port and all my presets remained. I did not have to reset anything. Just FYI

Old 01-13-2016, 09:51 AM
UrsaMinor1 is infamous around these partsUrsaMinor1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dennis C
Really? There's one button that looks like the middle air vents. If you push that, the air comes out of the middle air vents. If you want it to come out of the upper air vents, you push the button with the arrow pointing up. If you want air to come out of the lower air vents, you push the button with the arrow pointing down.

I'm not trying to bust your chops here, I just don't understand how that could be illogical or complicated. The word "MANUELL" is a bit more confusing.
Perhaps I should have said the display is shot so nothing is visible other than orange glow and blurred inky patterns. I see there are kits available to repair this but do they work and are they an easy swap out? Also they have slightly different icons, why?

Button wise, the top button left of the display seems to clear the screen but blasts Caribbean hot air, the bottom button left of the display with an snowflake on it doesn't seem to do anything

Old 01-13-2016, 05:49 PM
That makes sense. It seems like the first thing that happens is that the screen starts to display "Predator" characters. Then it becomes unreadable. Now I understand your issue!

Old 01-18-2016, 02:04 AM
Andrenunes is infamous around these parts
Bad news
i have the new battery but the problems still there :`(
Now i have fault code: 37140 it says can-bus ECU with communication disturbed...
the engine and all the car works fine, only the windows, the front trunk and ABS have defect...

Old 01-18-2016, 04:29 AM
Bad news
Now i have fault code: 37140 it says can-bus ECU with communication disturbed...
the engine and all the car works fine, only...

Old 01-20-2016, 02:11 AM
Bad news
the engine and all the car works fine, only the windows, the front trunk and ABS have defect..

Old 01-20-2016, 02:13 AM
Bad news
the engine and all the car works fine, only the windows, the front trunk and ABS have defect..

Old 01-20-2016, 06:04 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Do you have any LED lights that were installed aftermarket?

Originally Posted by Andrenunes
Bad news

Old 01-20-2016, 06:15 AM
No the car is all original.
This car was stopped 5 months and when I started it make all of this...
I already put a new battery but nothing changed.
Key don't work, Windows don't work, front trunk don't open and ABS light appear