996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Extreme Motocars 996 to 997 mirror conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 10:02 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
I am in upstate NY, line rock. I just checked I'd only 3hours 20 minutes.
Shot me some information if they are going to have that event this year. Do you get out on the track?

Old 01-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
That's about what it takes me to get there from Westerly, RI. yeah they will have the Tudor series this year. The P2, and GT Daytona cars will be there. I'm excited to see Alex Job Racing, Weather Tech GT3 RSR. They changed up a lot of the aero dynamics from last year. They look INSANE!! Yes, you will be able to go out on the track. They do the Corvettes and then Porsche's. You gotta get there early though cause only the first 50 cars who sign up get to go on the track. I always take that Friday off of work and detail my car and pack it with chairs and a tent. Going to be hard this year with the rollcage in the back lol. My Fiance and I get up around 4:30 in the morning and are on the road by 5. We get there at about 8-8:15 and sign right up.

Always a TON of Porsche's and we all hang out in the morning and talk while detailing our cars. There is an entire day of different races. A few of the kids series and last year they had the Lambo cup series. Then around mid afternoon they do the parade laps and then the Tudor series cars come out. The race is a lot of fun and something I look forward to every year. The races and the RI Air Show are the two summer events my fiance and I do together. The rest of the summer is spent on the boat lol. I'll absolutely let you know when the tickets come out (they may already be out). We can meet up in corral.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:19 AM
MrOz is infamous around these parts
Hi guys, I have a set of the XtremeMotors, mirrors. They've never been installed on the car yet, but I've transferred everything (guts) out of my stock mirrors and into the Xtreme mirrors. The entire process took about 3.5 hours. The mirrors are $535 from Jeff. He's helping me to sell them on ebay, but figured if anybody here wants them I can help to save you a bit. I'd take $675 for the pair. All you'd have to do is plus them into your car. Save yourself 3.5 hours of hassle.
Sell your stock mirrors for $150, then these only cost you $525. If you don't want the hassle of tying to sell your mirrors, I'll take them, and you can just pay $525 for my blue 997 style mirrors.
I'm going to go of his Carbon fiber set of mirrors, instead of the painted ones here.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6158.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	766.8 KB
ID:	437939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 9.12.43 AM.png
Views:	92
Size:	775.7 KB
ID:	437940  
Old 01-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
MrOz, that's awesome of Jeff to help you sell them. That's what I mean about him, he doesn't just sell people products. He starts friendships with his customers and will do anything to help them. He is a true business man and someone who has become a friend.

I love the blue on your mirrors. What's the rest of your car look like?

Old 01-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
MrOz, that's awesome of Jeff to help you sell them. That's what I mean about him, he doesn't just sell people products. He starts friendships with his customers and will do anything to help them. He is a true business man and someone who has become a friend.

Thanks. It's a custom color to match an ultrasuede interior that's going into the car. I'll post a few photos of the car in the spray booth in just a bit. I'll probably do a little thread on the build of this car. It's a Boxster... but going to look like a Gemballa Avalanche Boxster. It has a carbon fiber windshield post frame (plus a bunch other CF goodies) and I figured the mirrors would "flow" more into the windshield post area if they were also Carbon.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04

Here's a quick shot of what the car looked like in the booth. Hopefully soon when I have some spare time I'll do a thread on it in the Boxster forum. It's a Boxster though... not sure how many guys in this forum would be interested in the lowly Boxster.

Attached Images   
Old 01-21-2016, 02:55 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Oz,
It's a P-car, that said, we all have a great deal of respect for the Porsche motorcars.
But, what I enjoy reading is the creativity aspect of the 6 Speeders getting to fulfill what they envision.
In addition, I think many of us might teek some of these modifications and tailor them for our own cars.
For me, reading about the progessiion of the builds and seeing the end product is great.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Oz,
It's a P-car, that said, we all have a great deal of respect for the Porsche motorcars.
But, what I enjoy reading is the creativity aspect of the 6 Speeders getting to fulfill what they envision.
In addition, I think many of us might teek some of these modifications and tailor them for our own cars.
For me, reading about the progessiion of the builds and seeing the end product is great.
I agree. Was only kidding about the "lowly" Boxster. ;o)

Old 01-21-2016, 03:11 PM
BTW, thanks for pointing out that the fella from extreme is good to deal with.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:14 AM
MrOz your car is gorgeous!!! That color looks amazing on the Boxster body!! Please start a thread and post the link her so I can follow it. I think your mirrors now with the dry carbon on it looks sweet! I don't think a full carbon mirror will look that good.

Anyone who puts down any other model of Porsche is not a true Porsche fan. If you're a true fan you understand different models produced different advances in their technology. Don't forget, the Boxster wasn't supposed to be a production car. It was just a prototype. Everyone loved and begged for a production model. When the Boxster was produced it was the benchmark of what a mid engine sports car should be. Mazda and BMW copied a lot of what the Boxster was in many different ways. How can you not love a car like that!?!?! I was looking at a Boxster for my lady a few years ago. It was a toss up between a blue 996 NB and a silver Boxster. Before we got to decide we got the great news my lady was pregnant with my son. So, ultimately we didn't buy another 2 seater. My daily driver is a 2008 Acura TL and good for a family car but, we decided we both needed grocery getters. I wanted to buy her a cayenne but she insisted she wanted a jeep.

We are a Porsche family. I've been an avid Porsche fan and lover since I was a kid. I had a bunch of 911 model cars I would play with and telly father that one day I'd own a 911. Best day of my life besides the birth of my child was the day my father and I hoped on a ferry to long Island together to purchase my 911.

I now have bought my son his own Porsche model cars that he loves to play with. He will be 2 this July and I will be buying him a GT3 Power Wheel. We are a Porsche family over here!! My father owns an 85 944 N/A and I used to own an 89 944 N/A fully restored. We go to the Le Mans races every year to root Porsche on and see the cars up close. Here's a few pictures I took of my son's toy Porsche with mine lol

Old 01-22-2016, 03:25 AM
NY, Jeff from Extreme is the one I was telling you about to contact for your mirrors.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:31 AM
Just finished getting the mirrors together and spraying the base coat. Once I post this I will be heading in to clear them. I will post a picture once cleared and I hope to get the mirror lense and motor back in tomorrow and mounted back on the car

Old 01-30-2016, 12:52 AM
Clear is complete and now they are baking in front of my kerosene heater. I'm really pleased with the outcome so far. I am going to let the mirrors dry for a week or more before I put the dry carbon insert on. I don't want to put it on too soon. If I do and down the road I need to change them it will rip the paint off the mirror. So, I want them fully cured before I do so.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:02 AM
Thumbs up

nice, I can't wait till I get a set of those mirrors, will be watching for your finish product!!+

Old 01-30-2016, 01:07 AM
I just want to post a couple pictures for anyone new to painting with base and clear. As you can see before I let the mirrors really start to dry I took the tape off. Once you shoot your last coat of clear you want to wait 5-10 minutes and then CAREFULLY start pulling the tape off. If you let the item fully cure and you then rip off the tape you run the risk of peeling the clear off as well. It can be done and I've waited before. It took me forever to peel all the tape off the car. You have to then pull the tape at and angle away from the paint and a very slow rate lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extreme Motocars 996 to 997 mirror conversion