996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

interior trim color codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
interior trim color codes

I am looking to buy some paint to add more silver to the inside of my C4S. I currently have the silver, door handles, airbag clip, door arm rest tab, heater vents, bezel, radio plate, shifter and shifter ring. I would like to paint the plastic backs of my sport seats and center console.

Here's my issue, I don't know what silver paint code to buy. There is artic silver metallic, or crystal silver metallic ( I think it's this one).

Does anyone know what the interior trim color codes are? I tried searching Google with no results.

Last edited by Porsche_Shiftin04; 01-15-2016 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added radio plate
Old 01-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I don't think that Crystal Silver Metallic was used in the 996. It was introduced for the Cayenne launch (My Cayenne S was Crystal Silver Metallic).

It sounds like you are trying to match the OE "aluminum look" color. I don't know if that's the same as any of the exterior paint colors.

Are you planning to do the work yourself or have somebody do it for you? You might consider contacting Eric at www.bumperplugs.com. They do nice work.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these partsPorsche_Shiftin04 is infamous around these parts
Dennis, I think you're right. The more I do research it seems most people are calling it the Artic Silver. I plan on doing it myself but I really appreciate you giving me a good refrence. I always use refrence's that are given by other Pcar owners.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:23 AM
turbogts is infamous around these parts
i found a bottle of 'arctic silver" at a Porsche dealer ad use that to touch up the trunk/deck lid releases on my 99 C4. matches very well. but it is single stage paint.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:09 PM
I have a paint company right in my area that makes perfect matches. I usually like to go with Ppg and have used Dupont a few times. I'll use Ppg for the Porsche. It's a better paint.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:23 AM
turbogts is infamous around these parts
yes the tube i got at the dealer is the stock akril lackstiff stuff made by god knows who.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:33 PM
MothXz is infamous around these parts
I've been wanting to paint my interior trim as well to match the exterior color. I went to a body shop and they advised to use Krylon spray paint because it's specifically made for plastic and will last. Problem is the color selection is very limited and can't find one to match my exterior color. They said it I match the exterior color with auto paint it will crack because it's not made for plastic. Can anyone tell me the correct paint to use on plastic trim to match the seal grey exterior color? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:42 AM
dporto is infamous around these parts
"They said it I match the exterior color with auto paint it will crack because it's not made for plastic"

You can use "auto paint" but you have to add "flex agent" for use on plastics (how do think the manufacturers paint plastic parts?). The biggest problem with this route is that it gets expensive since you need to have spray equipment, and the materials are not cheap. You'll also wind up with lots of left overs that you'll probably never use...Good luck