996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Changing carpet color ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Franky is infamous around these parts
Changing carpet color ?

I found a '02 996 C2 black w/ grey int. I was thinking that a black carpet w/ the grey int would look great. Has anybody done it before. I would do it right by changing the floor carpets, carpet on the doors etc. I could do all the work myself, how much do you think the carpets would cost, and where could I get it? I would do it only if I could do it all w/ porsche part #'s. The only difficult part would be the lower door carpet and the back of the rear seat backs. What do you think? Its sad that before I bite the bullet and become the new owner, I'm already making a game plan on it with mods. I'm also considering 2 or 3 piece wheels. Do you think black centers w/ polished lips are old news these days? all opinions are welcome!

Old 01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
well you could do a couple things with the carpet kit. I don't know what the factory kit would cost, but you could always look up here www.911pcar.com and hit them up.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen full carpet kits on ebay before, keep in mind you will have to purchase a few other carpet pieces, side pieces of center console. There is a company that sells the oem carpet in rolls, I purchased some for a stereo box I was going to re-carpet but never did. I don't recall the company name, just do some searches on the fourms for it.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Why not try black floor mats first?

Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the input! I was thinking of the black mats first, but I found a tubro on ebay w/ the black carpet and it looked HOT! I'll see if I can find the link to it. Thanks for the website brucem, I'm sure when I find my 996, I'll be getting some kind of part from there. I can't believe all the odds and ends that they had, and some of them would probally be hard to find or expensive. Thanks again.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Take a look at how nice the black carpet w/ the grey int looks.

I tried to post a link but it doesn't seem to be working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911-C4S-2003-Porsche-Carerra4S_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10156QQitemZ4 599641136QQrdZ1

Last edited by Franky; 01-06-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:51 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I priced the carpet from Porsche , it was over $2000.00. I would try the black floor mats . I have black int with grey mats, and it looks pretty good IMHO

Old 01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Livo69 is infamous around these parts
Franky,
I have in my car grey interior with black deviated carpet. Done by the factory. I think it looks awesome! This color setup with all the carbon fiber goodies inside makes everything stand out.

I like all black interior, but I feel carbon fiber can get hidden. but with grey interior it totally stands out nice. And the black carpeting doesnt make the inside look too grey.