996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

resale price for my c4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 12:22 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Since it's a leased car, your best option is trade it. Unless someone has a hook up w a dealer, I doubt you can avoid double tax while transferring the title. The other option would be for someone to take over your lease, which may be also complicated.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:58 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Not sure you're gonna be able to trade in such a premature lease without eating alot of it, as you know you owe PFS the remaining payments(41) and the residual on the car(~51%). That's a big chunk of change, I doubt PFS will write any of it off either, as you are too premature in the lease.
Your best option is to start enjoying the car as a daily driver, hell you're paying for it. Unless somebody takes over the lease, assuming PFS allows that, which I believe they don't, you're 'stuck' with the C4S for a little while.
FWIW, I probably wouldn't enter a 4yr lease on a used car in the future, too many headaches as the warranty runs out, etc.
Good luck, not trying to be a wiseguy, I've learned these lessons the hard way.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:45 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally posted by C4S Surgeon

Good luck, not trying to be a wiseguy, I've learned these lessons the hard way.

i wish i would learn from my lessons. this would be the six time i try to get out of a lease within 12 months. i just can't seem to learn!!! or just have a problem with wanting newer cars.

PFS won't allow lease take over. i have had many friends who offered to do so. PFS also claim that the tax will only have to be paid once if done properly (at lease in CA).

as for getting out of the lease, my payoff is actually not that bad... @ 59K this month. so it would be a matter of paying 7K out of pocket.

i think i should start enjoying this car. i have never fully appreciated the car given its limited use, and not used to having a raw typed of car as well as the desire to get a 997.

if i put in the 7k into this car, i think it would be a hell of a C4S.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:28 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Roger that! Get an X 73, total transformation of the car.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:07 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
I also go through te same issue ALL the time. First call the lease company and find out what the payoff is. There is a number that the leasing company will take to end your lease and give you the title, but it is USUALLY much, much, much higher than the current value, unless you put a LOT of money down at the begining. Then you can either pay off the balance, add the cost to your new payments, etc.

Good luck.

I also had a car that I was not 100% happy with 2000 BMW 525 and hated it. I traded it after 8 of 36 lease payments and it cost, but it was worth every cent.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah, but that's gonna really cost him, the amt to payoff also includes the rv, that's too much to eat.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:23 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
the bottomline.... my payoff is almost 59k and the dealer is giving me 52k. so i just have to give them a check for 7k and i move on to the next car. it is worth it if i hate the c4s. but i don't and cannot convince myself to do it at this point.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:37 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
wanting is the best part. logic does not apply to this case therefore convince yourself is not necessary. u're just confused. keep yourself confused because that's the true beauty of it.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by 20C4S
wanting is the best part. logic does not apply to this case therefore convince yourself is not necessary. u're just confused. keep yourself confused because that's the true beauty of it.
did that come from the book of confucious!! or just arling the wise man! by the way, i think jeff wants his tubi back on the car. can't seem to get used to the stock!!

Old 01-10-2006, 12:19 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
u serious? i think he needs a better exhaust. let's confuse him with a Europipe.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by 20C4S
u serious? i think he needs a better exhaust. let's confuse him with a Europipe.
i suggested the europipe to him at work today. he did look very confused. although he has been looking confused lately since he is pretty much deaf from the tubi!!

he will be calling! and you think is the young guys that are confused.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:35 PM
SCIronMike is infamous around these parts
Dang. If this were late May or June, I'd make you an offer on your C4S. Hopefully when I move to my new place in June and have covered parking, I can find another similarly gorgeous C4S in So Cal.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:23 AM
dgray996 is infamous around these parts
If I was in your position and wanted to escape the lease on the C4S, I would advertise on autotrader (etc) for $59K. When offers come in on the car you can either show the payoff doc to the buyer stating that you must acheive $59k; or accept anything you deem reasonable.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:19 AM
SRC4S is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by trovan
i wish i would learn from my lessons. this would be the six time i try to get out of a lease within 12 months. i just can't seem to learn!!! or just have a problem with wanting newer cars.

PFS won't allow lease take over. i have had many friends who offered to do so. PFS also claim that the tax will only have to be paid once if done properly (at lease in CA).

as for getting out of the lease, my payoff is actually not that bad... @ 59K this month. so it would be a matter of paying 7K out of pocket.

i think i should start enjoying this car. i have never fully appreciated the car given its limited use, and not used to having a raw typed of car as well as the desire to get a 997.

if i put in the 7k into this car, i think it would be a hell of a C4S.
I had a similar experience last year with an S4 Cab. Payoff was $58K and dealers were only going to give me $52K. the car was only three months old! So i plunked down the fifty or so bucks and put it up on Autotrader and Cars.com. I got lucky and someone who was looking for the exact same thing purchased it from me. In the end, I lost about $2K.

My reason for leasing was to prevent myself from switching cars so often (like you). I figured that getting into a contract (and not owning the car) would force me to keep it. Wrong! It took three months for me to decide I wanted out. If you intend on jumping from one car to the other w/in a short amount of time, leases are your worst enemy. I am surprised that you would do this to yourself. it's really money wasted, there's zero equity built into your car and you are at the mercy of the financial institution. Once was enough for me.

The mind set is quite different when you own the car. It's *permissable* for a $7K depreciation hit b/c you have already built equity into the vehicle - provided you either paid in full or threw in a good down payment. With a lease? I couldn't bear the thought of paying $7K back and having absolutely nothing left to show.

This mindset only applies if you intend on playing the car game, set aside the funds for it, expect to lose as these are depreciating goods and just enjoy. whatever equity you have built up can be transferred to the next. the tax savings alone from trade ins can make a deal abit easier to swallow. It doesn't feel good to hear the values dropping - i bought a brand new '04 A8L for $78K and fourteen months later, traded it in for $52K. But I still got back about $30K due to equity. As the saying goes, "you gotta pay to play" and leasing is forfeiting before you even started.

BTW, keep the C4S only if you LOVE it. Sell if you have any hesitation. or go out and find a car you've always wanted. I've picked up older porsches b/c i've always wanted them when i was young. Newer doesn't necessarily have to mean any vehicles of this millenium. Believe it or not, there's quite alot to be impressed by from the older vehicles as well.

Last edited by SRC4S; 01-11-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:42 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
While I was debating to pick up a Turbo, the wise Arling said "Albert, wait to get something that brings a smile to your face each time you open your garage"

So aside from having Jessica Alba in my garage, I'll be patiently waiting to pickup something I really want later this year.

Point is, if you have the means - go after what you want, that way there are no regrets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: resale price for my c4s