996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

resale price for my c4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
I'm thoroughly enjoying my 997 S Cab. Although both my 996TTs were fast and fun to drive, I never grew fond of the all wheel drive. I really prefer rear wheel drive. My 997 S is such a great car, and I think it's nearly as quick as my 2001 996TT was.

It's just a great car and so much better than my 2000 Carrera cab I keep at my place in Florida.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:50 AM
SRC4S is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by bumble996
So aside from having Jessica Alba in my garage

Last edited by SRC4S; 01-27-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:58 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally posted by bumble996
While I was debating to pick up a Turbo, the wise Arling said "Albert, wait to get something that brings a smile to your face each time you open your garage"

So aside from having Jessica Alba in my garage, I'll be patiently waiting to pickup something I really want later this year.

Point is, if you have the means - go after what you want, that way there are no regrets.
so you got confused by arling the wiseman too!!

he also gave me his wisdom on my bad car buying habit. but the more i listen, the more i want to go buy another car, just like him!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:02 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally posted by SRC4S
I had a similar experience last year with an S4 Cab. Payoff was $58K and dealers were only going to give me $52K. the car was only three months old! So i plunked down the fifty or so bucks and put it up on Autotrader and Cars.com. I got lucky and someone who was looking for the exact same thing purchased it from me. In the end, I lost about $2K.

My reason for leasing was to prevent myself from switching cars so often (like you). I figured that getting into a contract (and not owning the car) would force me to keep it. Wrong! It took three months for me to decide I wanted out. If you intend on jumping from one car to the other w/in a short amount of time, leases are your worst enemy. I am surprised that you would do this to yourself. it's really money wasted, there's zero equity built into your car and you are at the mercy of the financial institution. Once was enough for me.

The mind set is quite different when you own the car. It's *permissable* for a $7K depreciation hit b/c you have already built equity into the vehicle - provided you either paid in full or threw in a good down payment. With a lease? I couldn't bear the thought of paying $7K back and having absolutely nothing left to show.

This mindset only applies if you intend on playing the car game, set aside the funds for it, expect to lose as these are depreciating goods and just enjoy. whatever equity you have built up can be transferred to the next. the tax savings alone from trade ins can make a deal abit easier to swallow. It doesn't feel good to hear the values dropping - i bought a brand new '04 A8L for $78K and fourteen months later, traded it in for $52K. But I still got back about $30K due to equity. As the saying goes, "you gotta pay to play" and leasing is forfeiting before you even started.

BTW, keep the C4S only if you LOVE it. Sell if you have any hesitation. or go out and find a car you've always wanted. I've picked up older porsches b/c i've always wanted them when i was young. Newer doesn't necessarily have to mean any vehicles of this millenium. Believe it or not, there's quite alot to be impressed by from the older vehicles as well.

thanks for all the good advise. i think my mom and wife have told me the exact same thing!

there is no tax credit in california. this makes buying a car and quickly sale no better than leasing in various ways.

i can writing that check to the dealer for something i would "love". the problem is i am having a hard time justify such an action and feels quilty. fuuthermore, am i back in this same position in 6 months? that's why i think i should start driving the c4s for a while before making any movement. eventhough i had the c4s for 7 months now, i only driven it on rere occasions.

i must admit that my audi S4 is a perfect daily driver!!

thanks all.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:02 AM
SCIronMike is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by trovan
thanks for all the good advise. i think my mom and wife have told me the exact same thing!

there is no tax credit in california. this makes buying a car and quickly sale no better than leasing in various ways.

i can writing that check to the dealer for something i would "love". the problem is i am having a hard time justify such an action and feels quilty. fuuthermore, am i back in this same position in 6 months? that's why i think i should start driving the c4s for a while before making any movement. eventhough i had the c4s for 7 months now, i only driven it on rere occasions.

thanks all.
Maybe you'll keep driving your C4S for 5 or 6 more months and when you hit a year you'll want to make your move....... LOL! Arghh... I REALLY want to get a car exactly like yours come May/June.

What year S4? My wife and I are putting A LOT of highway miles on our A4 and TT each day since we are living halfway between the OC and San Bernardino where we work. It's a temporary thing... in 5 months I will work in the OC as well, and we will be moving to Huntington Beach. But the Audis have been highway champs. Comfy and reliable even with the chips/exhausts/suspension/etc. mods. Considering getting a S4 to replace the A4..... it's getting close to 77,000 miles.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SCIronMike
Maybe you'll keep driving your C4S for 5 or 6 more months and when you hit a year you'll want to make your move....... LOL! Arghh... I REALLY want to get a car exactly like yours come May/June.

What year S4? My wife and I are putting A LOT of highway miles on our A4 and TT each day since we are living halfway between the OC and San Bernardino where we work. It's a temporary thing... in 5 months I will work in the OC as well, and we will be moving to Huntington Beach. But the Audis have been highway champs. Comfy and reliable even with the chips/exhausts/suspension/etc. mods. Considering getting a S4 to replace the A4..... it's getting close to 77,000 miles.
in fact, i will sell you both my c4s and my s4!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 03:20 PM
SRC4S is infamous around these parts

thanks all.
that guilty feeling happens b/c you know the people around you are saying, "He's at it again...." Probably happens to every single member on any enthusiast car forum. So, don't feel guilty, it happens to all of us

My daily is an A6 4.2. Hated the suspension so i put H&R coilovers on with a set of BBS RCs for summer. I recently took my C4S on Xmas day from NJ to VA. it was raining pretty hard and while I had the choice to take the Audi, the C4S just had that look like it wanted to be the Project Leader on this one. Love 'em both though!

Old 01-11-2006, 08:31 PM
SCIronMike is infamous around these parts
in fact, i will sell you both my c4s and my s4!!!
Not sure about both, but I definitely would buy your C4S

Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
sunracer is infamous around these parts
997 Vs 996

I recently bought and sold a 996TT cab...bought at local Porsche dealer and sold via AutoTrader...came out fine financially but now I'm considering a new 996 C4S coupe (2004 never sold at local dealer) and a 2006 997 C4S.

To me the 997 doesn't seem much better, if any, than the 996 in terms of styling, build quality and interior layout. In fact, I like the center console on the 996 much more than the plasticy looking 997 console...however, everyone seems to rave about the 997 as being far superior to the 996...can anyone clue me in as to exactly why the 997 is so much better?

I'll admit that the 996TT was my first Porsche so I'm new to the Porsche product in general...S

Old 01-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by sunracer
I recently bought and sold a 996TT cab...bought at local Porsche dealer and sold via AutoTrader...came out fine financially but now I'm considering a new 996 C4S coupe (2004 never sold at local dealer) and a 2006 997 C4S.

To me the 997 doesn't seem much better, if any, than the 996 in terms of styling, build quality and interior layout. In fact, I like the center console on the 996 much more than the plasticy looking 997 console...however, everyone seems to rave about the 997 as being far superior to the 996...can anyone clue me in as to exactly why the 997 is so much better?

I'll admit that the 996TT was my first Porsche so I'm new to the Porsche product in general...S
i definitely like the interior of the 996 better as well as the styling. but when it comes to drive, perfomance, and refinement.. the 997 is much more for me, and is the reason for wanting to switch....

Old 01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
u selling the S4 too?

Old 01-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
u selling the S4 too?
i will sell any car in my garage!!

prob get rid of the S4 since i plan to use the 997S as a daily driver. i will need a bigger sedan if we are having a baby. S4 is a bit small in the back seats.

i worked out a deal with beverly hills porsche to trade-in both S4 and 4S. the numbers look nasty since i have upside-down on both!!

Old 01-23-2006, 11:40 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
u'll love my CLS. make an offer.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
u'll love my CLS. make an offer.
i told my wife she would be the coolest mom driving around the baby in your CLS. you don't think i tried!!!!

Old 01-23-2006, 11:52 PM
''mom'' freak her out already. buy the car first then plant the baby later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: resale price for my c4s