996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

resale price for my c4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:54 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
resale price for my c4s

i was at the dealer over the weekend. i decided that 997S is going to be my next car. (although the dealer kept pushing for the carrera 4 and offered a big discount)

anyway, dealer offered me 51k for my c4s along with a 1.5k discount off MSRP on the new car.

is that a resonable price for my trade-in? it's 02 silver/black now with 18k miles. it's in great condition without scratch/dings. it has 6CD changer, B&M short shifter, small alum package, alum shifter/ebrake, ROW sups, BOSE, and power seat.

i am tempted to get it done and over with. but also feels guilty since i've only put 4k on the c4s and paid 65k for it 7 months ago.

what do you think? worth the trade?

Old 01-05-2006, 12:00 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Johnny boy, u will enjoy the 997 better for ur need.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:43 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
I'll give you 52K for the C4S.....

Old 01-05-2006, 09:07 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
we should talk if you are serious....

Old 01-05-2006, 12:09 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I think you can get more on the C4S if you sell privately. It's worth at least $55-57k given your mileage. The dealer will sell it for over $60k if they certify it.

I still think C4S looks better than 997S. If you are looking for more power, why not supercharge it after your warranty expires. You'll have a faster and better looking car.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:59 PM
the car is already certified until 08.........

need to decide to put more money on the car, or just bite the bullet and trade it in!!

thanks for the comments.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:08 PM
frayed is infamous around these parts
I've had a 996 C4S, 996 C2 and 996 GT3. I'd make that switch in a heartbeat. I think the 997S is really that good. It's not a perfect car by any means, but it is a truly fantastic car. However, ultimately the decision should be based on your test drives. If you remain unsure after hammering one around on back country roads for an hour, then I wouldn't do it. As for me, I pretty much knew right away after driving the 997S that I was doomed.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:39 PM
i drove the 997S few months after getting my used C4S, i immediately knew i was in trouble. i am into cars with more luxury, refined, rather than raw and roughness.

but i just feel guilty getting rid a car only after 4k miles when i don't even drive it much. it's not about the money involved, but just feel bad. well, how about not sure if my wife is going to get pissed off.....

thanks for the many PMs on buying my car... i posted this on another thread:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i would sell my C4S to any 6 speeder for the same price as the dealer. it would make my day to not allow such highway robbery from the dealer.

the only problem: my car is leased with porsche FS who insist on releasing the title to me even if someone else buys it. i will have to sign over the title to the true buyer.

the whole thing is confusing when it come to registration and not getting double taxed. it is also time consuming. which makes trading in much easier.

i would say if anyone can figure out a way to buy the car from porsche without all the trouble and the headache of me going down to DMV, they can have the car at 52.5K, which is the dealer's highest bid. that is not a bad deal for a car with certifed warranty until 08 and passed certification last May with flying colors.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:02 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I'm confused, did you lease it or buy it for 65k?
How long a lease, what residual, is the dealer trying to pay off your lease?
If you're only 7mo into a lease I doubt you can easily get out of it, just wait until it's over then lease a 997, they'll be plenty around, don't worry.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by C4S Surgeon
I'm confused, did you lease it or buy it for 65k?
How long a lease, what residual, is the dealer trying to pay off your lease?
If you're only 7mo into a lease I doubt you can easily get out of it, just wait until it's over then lease a 997, they'll be plenty around, don't worry.
i had a dealer buy the car from a private seller last May. they added on their fees, and certification which came to a little more than 65k. i then leased the car from porsche financing at that price. i am now 8 months into a 48 month lease. don't think i can wait that long. but i guess i should just sit tight for as long as i can.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:11 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Yeah, you're gonna get burned, just hold 'em and enjoy the C4S.
You would have to buy out all the remaining payments plus any residual, you would get killed financially. PFS might let you dump the lease 6 mos early, but that's about it.
Good Luck

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 01-05-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Re: resale price for my c4s

Originally posted by trovan
i was at the dealer over the weekend. i decided that 997S is going to be my next car. (although the dealer kept pushing for the carrera 4 and offered a big discount)

anyway, dealer offered me 51k for my c4s along with a 1.5k discount off MSRP on the new car.

is that a resonable price for my trade-in? it's 02 silver/black now with 18k miles. it's in great condition without scratch/dings. it has 6CD changer, B&M short shifter, small alum package, alum shifter/ebrake, ROW sups, BOSE, and power seat.

i am tempted to get it done and over with. but also feels guilty since i've only put 4k on the c4s and paid 65k for it 7 months ago.

what do you think? worth the trade?
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Out of curiosity why are you replacing your C4S w/a C2S? Why not another C4S??

Old 01-05-2006, 11:56 PM
i am not sure that 4 wheel drive is that important to me. although both of my cars are AWD, i would be just fine without it.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
bottom line is, if u're paying a big amount of money leasing a car every mouth then u better 100% in love with it.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by 20C4S
bottom line is, if u're paying a big amount of money leasing a car every mouth then u better 100% in love with it.
arling, that is the best thing you have ever said to me!!! and i have said the same to my wife!!

if i have to pay extra 400 a month to find true love, it is definitely worth it. unfortunately, the upside down on the c4s will make that number much bigger and create slightly more problems.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: resale price for my c4s