996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Stolen Zone 1 Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
black rooster is infamous around these parts
Stolen Zone 1 Wheels

this is my first post on this site and it's bad news. just last night, i had my 19" Zone 1 wheels stolen from a '99 996. car was parked in an apartment complex in newport beach. they were anthracite grey centers with a polished lip. zone wheels typically come with chrome lips so if you see anyone with or hear of someone trying to sell 19" grey zone 1's with a polished lip (i.e. ebay, recycler, etc.) please let me know and/or report to the cops.

never would've thought this would happen in a community like newport beach. don't know if it'll help but the cops found prints on the jacks that they left behind. i'm definitely going to be looking out for these bastards.

also, anyone have any recommendations on how to prevent this next time (i.e. alarms, locks, etc.)?

Ace

Old 01-09-2006, 12:50 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Ace,
this sucks. very sorry to hear. any damage to the car?

Old 01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
sorry to hear... did you not have wheel locks?

Old 01-09-2006, 03:09 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Damn sorry about that...that sucks....where in Newport was this?

Old 01-09-2006, 04:31 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
sorry to hear that. i can understand your pain, as it happened to me a long time ago in santa monica (inside my apartment garage)!

hope your insurance will cover it. my insurance paid for the entire replacement, which made it a much easier experience.

Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
probably some loser from Santa Ana or Costa Mesa trying to get some nice rims...or maybe a high school student trying to score some cash for drugs (know of some kids that have done sh*t like that)

Old 01-09-2006, 10:17 PM
this happened in the park newport apt. complex off of jamboree and san joaquin. still can't believe that this would happen here. i contacted my insurance and hopefully they'll cover it. so far it doesn't seem that there was any damage but we'll see when i put some new wheels on and drive it. i found the car on stands on three sides and was leaning on the fourth corner.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I would suspect when items are stolen from a nice neighborhood it's not because a band of thugs got lucky in their quest to find what they were looking for expecially not on the street. I would say that more than 95% of the time the information they needed to know where your car/ rims were was from one of your neighbors.... Sad, yes I know.....

Criminals are stupid so keep an eye out for that neighbor who makes every attempt to avoid you.....

-Eli

Old 01-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have any pics so we know what to look for?

Sorry that this happened, last year my car was broken into and stereo stolen, in my gated garage.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Here's a pic of the car and the wheels.

Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Captain Tal is infamous around these parts
I can't believe you didn't have wheel locks.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
this happened in the park newport apt. complex off of jamboree and san joaquin. still can't believe that this would happen here.
That's crazy, such a nice area too...hopefully insurance will take care of it. My guess is that if you park there often, they probably saw that you didn't have locks previously...

Old 01-10-2006, 05:19 PM
had just gotten the car a month ago and didn't know it didn't have wheel locks. definitely will be getting those and a better alarm system. was thinking of moving before and this definitely made up my mind for me. will be getting a place with my own garage this time around.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !
wheel centers are actually lighter than what the previous pic showed.

this set was also a one of a kind special order with a brush finish on the lip...so there is only one of these out there. if you see it somewhere, it is most likely the one stolen from Ace.

Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2006, 07:49 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
that car looks familiar

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stolen Zone 1 Wheels