996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Gauge Bezel Nightmare!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:06 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
I agree, I had actually bought a set from Perf Products before Eric carried them. When they arrived, I looked at this $130 piece of garbage and said I am not putting this on my 90k worth of car. I swore no duct tape and bailing wire type mods, so they went right back.

Now if you were to remove the gadges and paint the actual bezels silver like my Cayenne S, now that's hot.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Tomdeg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CoreyNJ
Now if you were to remove the gadges and paint the actual bezels silver like my Cayenne S, now that's hot.

That's exactly what I did. Not for the faint of heart, but much sleeker than the stick on ones

Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Another shot. Yeah yeah, I know. The four spoke wheel's coming off. I have the three spoke in the garage waiting to go on.

Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2006, 06:28 PM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
OK, spill...
Did you take the casing off, or did you mask everything including the lenses off...

Old 01-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Ok, here it is. Masking would have never been able to get paint everywhere you need it . I took the casing off and GENTLY cracked the rings away from the base (they are glued on). Did I mention that I GENTLY cracked them away. After that it was a simple repaint and reassemble. Remember...GENTLY.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:00 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Tom,
Really nice job.
BTW, I think mine look pretty good. It is pricey though, for what you get.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks Neil,

After seeing a 40th Anniversary car I knew it could be done.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Stay tuned guys....something new and quite unique is right around the corner....

Old 02-03-2006, 06:55 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Eric,
You always say that.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Eric,
You always say that.

You want to be the guinea pig?

Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 PM
stanm5 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tomdeg
Another shot. Yeah yeah, I know. The four spoke wheel's coming off. I have the three spoke in the garage waiting to go on.

Tom,
Very nice job. I think I may tackle mine in the same way. My painting skills suck so I may ask body shop to spray them for me.

Cheers,
Stan

Old 02-05-2006, 10:14 AM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)

You want to be the guinea pig?

You want a guinea pig?? I'll be a guinea pig.... I've been called all kinds of pigs. No problema...

Old 02-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Officer Cartman is infamous around these parts
Eric, I'll be the guinea pig, shoot me a PM!

Old 02-09-2006, 11:15 AM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
I bought a set of used dash rings on the for sale section here. Used black silicon glue to attach them, and they look great. I don't who manufactured them since I bought them used, but I don't understand how so many people are having problems with them...

Old 02-11-2006, 01:11 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I bought the tequipment ones, they came with a tiny tube of german sg with the porsche lettering on it, I stupidly used that thinking 'it won't happen to me', well it did. I ended up installing them with silicone afterall, but I'm stuck with them bc the stock rings are so f'd up from the sg I can never go back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.