996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Bad experience with Brandywine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Angry Bad experience with Brandywine

Just sharing to make make you guys aware of their customer service.

This is what happened to me :

- ordered a set of wheel spacers about 3 weeks ago. Talked to Jason. He made me a 249$ package deal.
- after one week I check my credit card statement and see that Brandywine had charged me 379$. I give the company a call and talk to Kyle. He tells me to wait untill Jason is back the next day.
- Call back the next day, the receptionist tells me Jason is on another line. Finally, in the afternoon I get somebody else on the line. Jason had 'left the company'. Translation : must have been fired in the morning.
- That same person tells me he will take care of things, which means sending out the shipment (finally !) and reversing part of the charge.
- I receive the shipment a week later : 2 spacers instead of 4 (??!!). I call back and had to do the whole story again. The sales rep told me he could not honor the initial offer.
- I ended up sending the 2 spacers back. Today I saw the reversal on my credit card. They had even charged me a 10% restocking fee.

Net, this whole joke has cost me about 50$. For nothing.

I do understand that there can be personnel issues, but this is not an excuse to drop your customer service levels and/or not to honor offers made in your name.
Net, I am very dissapointed with this company and their values and behaviors.
Be careful to do business with these people.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:47 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
I agree, Brandywine is not up-to-par. When my dad's 996 cab's rear plastin window started to separate from the canvas of the top, he asked me to take it there to have it checked out. They said I could bring it right it when I called. After getting there, I had to wait an hour and 15 mins just for the tech to tell me they were bringing it into the shop. Another 45 minutes they tell me the car needed a new top.

Now, when I took the car in, the separation was maybe three inches long, in the bottom righthand corner of the rear window. They told me they had to check to see if it had pulled away from the "zipper." Apparently it had, because when I walked out into the parking lot, the window was pretty much hanging from the top. They had pulled the bottom completely away to "check"... I guess we DEFINATELY needed a new one at that point. The car wasn't really driveable at that point... the aerodynamics made the car handle badly, and obviously, any water and the interior was done.

And another time. About a month ago, we drove a silver 996tt they had, and my dad called a few days later and made an offer on the car (that was only like 2K off of what they were asking between trading in the current car and asking price on the tt). The salesperson was busy at the time so my dad left a message. Never recieved a call back.

Ever since Richard left, the place has gone bad.

/rant

Joe

Old 03-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you don't have to be out $50 if you haven't paid the credit card bill with that charge on it...call your credit card company and put the amount from Brandywine in dispute and tell them not to accept any additional charges from Brandywine...only credits...this will allow you to pay your credit card bill without Brandywine being paid and will give you some time to deal with them...I would get in touch with either the service manager or dealership manager and explain the situation and tell him/her that you have no intention of paying the re-stock fee when they didn't send you the proper parts and you want the $50 credited on your card...when they credit your card then you can remove the amount from dispute...otherwise, if they tell you to pound sand leave it in dispute...good luck...

Old 03-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Bought many things from Justin and he has always been a'ok by me

Old 03-10-2006, 11:06 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I've bought a few things from them, no issues.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Neighbor is infamous around these parts
I haven't had any issues either. Strange though that Justin's not there anymore. Wonder if they'll become like every other dealership as far as cost of parts now.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Neighbor
Strange though that Justin's not there anymore.
i don't think he was talking about Justin leaving, he said the guys name was Jason. If it really was Justin that left, it would be a huge loss

Old 03-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Lizard1
i don't think he was talking about Justin leaving, he said the guys name was Jason. If it really was Justin that left, it would be a huge loss
Whew, good thing. I thought he had just missed the name.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
i always deal with Sunset in oregon! make sure you always talk via email... that way you have it in writing!

Old 03-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Yves, very simple solution whether you already paid the bill or not. Print this post out, send it in to your CC company with a dispute and be done with it.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:00 PM
gchu is infamous around these parts
I ordered 4 red calipers from Justin at Brandwine two months ago. Two weeks later the package came with only 3 and the last one said backorder. I called Justin few times but not able to get the last one in. I sent and email a left a message to the part department 2 weeks ago. Ralph Walker from the part department called me back and said 2/24 was Justin’s last day. He took over the order and got my last caliper in the next day. Then shipped to me 2nd day air without extra charge. Overall was not a good experience but Ralph Walker was very nice and helpful. I purchased parts from both Sunset & Brandywine many time. Both of their prices are very competitive. I feel Jeff at Sunset has better knowledge of their parts because I got wrong part numbers and information from Justin before.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:54 PM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
Everyone here knows my Brandywine story... So I won't rehash... But as a reminder, they tried passing off a $700 Fiberglass aftermarket bumper as a $1500 factory OEM bumper to me. They even had it in an OEM box. and they were upset I didn't take it...

Old 03-18-2006, 08:22 AM
BWPERFORMANCE is infamous around these parts
Brandywine Performance

Good morning,
I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ralph Walker and I am the Parts Manger of Brandywine Porsche and Brandywine Performance. As I sit here and read all your comments, I feel that it is important that I try to establish and build trust again with our customers. There has been personal changes at Brandywine Porsche, which I feel will eliminate the issues you have experienced in the past. Last week we promoted one of our top service advisors Eric to the position of Performance supervisor. Eric will bring to perfomance the knowledge and customer service which is needed when dealing with our clients. In addition, we are in the process of hiring another individual to work along side of Eric. Brandywine Performance will stand by the products we offer and continue to provide a great price and service for OEM and aftermarket perfomance parts.
To get back to you comments, I would like YVES to contact me anytime to solve this situation with the restock fee. I have been here for 3 years and have yet to charge a restock fee. So if there is a restock fee or any other charge that you are owed, I will look into it and take care of the situation. The comment about the cost of parts becoming higher because of an individual that is no longer here will not occur. As I continue to find new products and ways to purchase, we will continue to provide the best possible price from a dealer.
George had an issue with a caliper, he spoke with me and I resolved the situation. I want everyone who reads this to understand we are here to provide you a service and that the issues in the past should not effect you today from purchasing from Brandywine Performance. As for COREYNJ, this situation should and never will happen again. If there is one thing that I have told my team members, is that we will provide our client with the best possible customer service starting with honesty.
As the overall supervisor, please feel free to contact me by email or the dealer phone. I will be glad to listen to you comments and issues. I look forward to moving forward and doing business with you in 2006 and into the future.
Ralph Waker
Parts Manager
Brandywine Porsche

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Great to hear Ralph. Will ebay sales still continue? I have found Brandywine's prices hard to beat in the past.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:23 AM
BWPERFORMANCE is infamous around these parts
Ebay will be up and running with some new products this weekend. I have another large shipment of parts coming to me in a week or so. Give us about 2 weeks and you will see a non stop of products ava. from Brandywine Performance listed on Ebay on a weekly basis.
Thanks for sticking with us. Give me a call if you have any other questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Brandywine