996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

changed the interior......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
that is a factory stuff pn the doors. Got it off ebay for a great deal!

thank you!!

Old 06-22-2006, 02:28 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Bruce,
Totally different from when you let me sit in it at MaxRPM. Very nice! Where did you source the seats? Mind if I ask what you got them for? Never ending projects, what's next?
Daryl

Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
thanks Daryl.. i got the seats from a guy located here in town. He bought them and didn't want them for his GT3. You will see the changes in the next week or so

Old 06-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Nightkidz is infamous around these parts
Looks AWESOME!!!

Old 06-25-2006, 02:41 PM
thank you!! I can't wait to have it back together with all the new parts (well redone)... should be VERY HOT!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 12:39 PM
thebairdybunch is infamous around these parts
Cupholder

This is very very impressive - I have one question however that maybe you can help with .. You appear to have managed to get the cup holder into the dash - But I understand this is a pre 2002 car.

How did you manage it ? I have just bought the same cupholder and it doesnt fit because it wasnt until 2002 that Porche changes the design slightly to allow it .. I think the point is do oyou know what the part numbers are ?

Many Thanks

Old 08-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes I had to do a bunch of new parts to get the new cupholders to work, but I HATE the way the others look! Talk to Jeff at Sunset Porsche in Oregon and he got all my stuff. I was the first one he knew of to do it so I was a good experiment. Total parts was about $500 and I feel it was well worth it! the dash looks so much better with the updated surround. here are a couple pix of the items I used. Also you had to take a heat gun to the air ducts inside to "re-work" them. kind of ugly inside, but the vents work like normal!

before

after

parts used

again the guys at Sunset are awesome! i was on the phone with Jeff for 45minutes one day to find a $15.00 hose. that is service... and he never got frustrated or mad. Plus they sell parts at 15% over cost!

Old 11-28-2006, 02:40 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce , Jeff is amazing, here's what he sent me if I wanted all natural brown it'll take forever, i probably wont have this car by then..haha
So i'll prob go all black.. here are the parts you need if you have the 2 din NAV...

""""""""""""""""""""""""
I do show some of the items in color but you have to get the leather
option for it. Fbo means Porsche will have to make the item for you and
that could take up to a year but lately has been about 4-6 months.

Cupholder #12 in black is 125.66 week away
Cupholder in leather (when I say leather I'm using your nat brown color
code also) 437.85 one in the US at a week away but if it sells out it's
a month from Germany.

Large frame support #13 30.07 one in US, more in Germany if sell out
Leather frame support 172.79 but fbo, no idea when I'd get it for sure

#19 horseshoe trim in leather is 225.33 fbo, but I show one dealer
that
says they have one in the US. If they really have it you can buy it
from
them. I'll give you their phone # if we get that far.

#18 center vent in basic black 85.66 week away
Center vent in leather 642.24 week away

#20 small frame support, hidden so should be the same 28.54 I quoted
last time. Month from Germany

Hope this makes sense. Porsche doesn't make a kit to do this. I'm going
off the 02 996 film for a car with nav. Call me if any questions. Jeff.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Glad to see you used Jeff.... he knows his parts very very well, and is a great guy to work with! very patient also

Old 11-29-2006, 04:48 PM
STDFAST is infamous around these parts
sweet!!!!!!! what color was your interior initially?

Old 11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
which car??