996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Footwell sub for Cabriolets?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:56 AM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
The original message ended up in the wrong thread ...

Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I will try to take some pics tomorrow, but you won't see much. Reus systems are pretty much stealth/invisable. That is the beauty of it. Infact I was at the NYC auto show with Reus and he told me there is an upgrade to the amp and woofer. I am arranging to do it asap.

Robert,

I kinda want to but part of me says "you idiot you just got this one the way you want it." Plus I gotta see how the finances are gonna work out for the rest of the year. health care is a *****, or should I say "allied" health care is a *****.

I am really glad you are enjoying yours so much. And you avatar looks great.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 05-14-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:31 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I hate to keep coming on here and tooting the Reus stereo systems, but they are the best, IMO. These are the pics of what Rick Reus sent to me. It is my understanding that the pics are floating around on the web. Rick wouldn't send them to me until I commited, but I think he would be OK with me showing you guys. The sub in the trunk is from a C4, I have a C2 so it is a little different but you get the idea. The inside sub looks like the blows unit, nothing to see. But it sounds much better than the bose. What else can I say. I don't know if he would sell you his subs separate or not. I do suggest you give him a call. Again this is not my car, but the pics he sent me. If I take a pic of my trunk you will see even less.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 06-04-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Gator996 is infamous around these parts
I'm not really interested in looking at a Reus install per se. Part of the value in that system is that its VERY stealth.

I just want to know where the factory trunk hole is that the bass is ported to.

If I don't have to cut the car, I would prefer not to.

I was hoping that before I pulled up all of the trunk carpet that I might be able to be shown where that hole is.

Thanks

Old 05-16-2006, 04:28 PM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
Having had the carpet in my 99 C2 out, I didn't see any obvious port in the 'firewall' where you could pipe the bass in. That would be nice but as I saw it would require the use of a sawzall or nibbler to open up the passenger footwell. Not something I am terribly comfortable with. I'd love to see how it was done though, if nothing else for the ooh / ahh factor.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Sonic is infamous around these parts
PM me and I will tell you where the port routing is. I worked for rick and did many of the designs.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:13 PM
tx996cab is infamous around these parts
I believe the trunk sub in a Reus system is ported to the cabin via the hole where the steering column would be on a RHD car.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:46 AM
tx996cab
Thanks I'll check on that.

Sonic, is tx996's info correct?
You've got a pm.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
That info is correct....

Old 06-16-2006, 07:13 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
depending on the type of music you listen to, be wary of the reus. you may be dissapointed. i have not personally heard the reus cab setup, but i know people that similar music tastes and heard it and they are not impressed with the bass.

i was actually considering the setup at one point so i spoke to rick reus about this. he agreed that his normal cab setup would not accomodate my musical interest and suggested their "extra bass" setup which incorporate two more subs in the rear passenger compartment.

seems like most of the cost of the reus price gets eaten up in the work it takes to stealth it out. i'd rather spend less money, get more performance, and have it seen so i can list the "ICE" in my mods section

seriously, if you guys want bass, just take out the bottom seat cushions and have them mold in a subwoofer enclosure. you could mount your amplifiers and crosserovers on the top or sides of the enclosure. fold the rear seat backs down and voila, stealth sytem for 5K you could do an incredible system putting out some riddiculous db's, even in a cab. not to mention nobody ever sits back there and you still have storage on top of the seat backs. win win.

the reus stuff is really good or they wouldn't sell as many as they sell at those prices. i'm not bashing it. it's especially good if it's important to you that you cannot see the equipment. i'm sure the sound is excellent for 80 percent of the music out there.

one cool thing about the reus setup is that you only buy it once. apparently you can take from car to car. if i remember right, you only pay for labor or something like that and they swap the equipment.

Last edited by deputydog95; 06-16-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Yup thats correct...I was told if you like systems with HEAVY bass or listen to lots of bottom heavy music, the Reus system is not for you. Its probably amazing for 80% of the music, but I just dont think its for me. Its great to buy one time and pay for labor to swap it no matter what car you buy in the future.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Well, I'm not looking to buy a Reus system but I want a stealth space-saving install for the subwoofers. Having a front mounted 10" in the trunk ported into the cab rather than having subs in the rear was a desirable solution but now there seems to be a question about whether or not it delivers alot of bass into the cabin.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:49 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
since the lower rear seats aren't even used, why not use that space and save the luggage for the trunk?

Old 06-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Stealth was important to me. That being said, the system has significant base. Is it as much as two twelves in a box in the back seats? No. I have been to installers with systems in SUVs and big cars with trunks. Big boxes, lots of base. A cab doesn't have that ability unless you give up the back seat. I wasn't willing to do that. To each his own. Some say, no stereo is needed, just listen to the exhaust. To each his own. As far as cost is concerned, I have been to several installers in my area and Rick's systems are LESS than theirs and don't give as much in sound. I let these guys hear my system and all the other installers were very impressed and asked me the cost. When I told them they couldn't believe what a great value it was. And they could not reproduce the sound for that cost.

My advice. If you are willing to loose the back seat than go that route. I use them all the time. I have 3 kids and I take them all in the car frequently. As I said, to each his own.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 06-16-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Stealth was important to me. That being said, the system has significant base. Is it as much as two twelves in a box in the back seats? No. I have been to installers with systems in SUVs and big cars with trunks. Big boxes, lots of base. A cab doesn't have that ability unless you give up the back seat. I wasn't willing to do that. To each his own. Some say, no stereo is needed, just listen to the exhaust. To each his own. As far as cost is concerned, I have been to several installers in my area and Rick's systems are LESS than theirs and don't give as much in sound. I let these guys hear my system and all the other installers were very impressed and asked me the cost. When I told them they couldn't believe what a great value it was. And they could not reproduce the sound for that cost.

My advice. If you are willing to loose the back seat than go that route. I use them all the time. I have 3 kids and I take them all in the car frequently. As I said, to each his own.
how much was it? nobody will ever come out and say exactly what it costs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Footwell sub for Cabriolets?