996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Header Reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:43 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
That all turned out to be bull****, he makes his stuff in house, he has a mandrel bender in Trenton that does his work. It's all American made, that rumor started at GHL.
I was all set to trade my car in, returned it to stock, sold my aftermarket stuff(incld fabs), then the deal soured. Now I wish I had my fabspeed stuff back
Maybe somebody will hook me up with a set of maxflows?

Old 06-08-2006, 11:03 AM
nycebo is infamous around these parts
Chris, I'm just happy that you're still a part of the 996 family....

Old 06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
C4S ESQ is infamous around these parts
Good results with Suncoast. Can feel the extra pull up top, enough to justify the price.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:38 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Oh, I never really left.
C4S esq, thought you sold that car?

Old 06-09-2006, 12:04 PM
C4S ESQ is infamous around these parts
I Think She's Gone 6/25.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:43 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
given a 15% driveline loss, that means you picked up 47.5 rhwhp from headers. uhhhh, no. supercharger or not.

i have three questions for you.

are you actually using a dyno or are you using a gtech or similar unit to measure your HP?

two, do you have a 3.4 or 3.6 liter C2?

is the 56HP max HP or peak HP at redline?

if you are in fact getting 47.5 rear wheel HP from headers alone, i will take my headers off today, buy a set of yours, and turn mine into a hookah bong
2FAS4U: I got your pm. Now it makes sense. I had to go back and look at the post. You never did answer any of these questions.... Let's see those dyno charts.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
i picked up a lot of midrange and peak HP with my headers (suncoast motorsports). i think i'm one of the only people on here that has actually dyno'd the headers before and after. i picked up approx. 25 rwhp at around 5K and approx. 10rwhp at redline.

have any other members (not sponsors) done any independent dyno tests on headers recently?

if i'm not mistaken, the suncoast headers are now being sold at EVO under their name. although you can still buy them from suncoast. the quality is good and the fit was perfect. they bolted right up.
Heya deputy dog... we picked up as much as 18RWRTQ with them on the car. This was without the super charger (haven't put it on yet). Fitment was really good. Only criticism I _could_ have is that they are bloody heavy compared to the others but hey...

Old 06-26-2006, 03:51 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Heya deputy dog... we picked up as much as 18RWRTQ with them on the car. This was without the super charger (haven't put it on yet). Fitment was really good. Only criticism I _could_ have is that they are bloody heavy compared to the others but hey...
glad they worked out for you. i'm pretty happy with them. they're a little noisy, but they do make more power.

probably a good thing they're so heavy with you doing pull-ups off the bottom of your customer's cars like that

Old 06-26-2006, 09:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
glad they worked out for you. i'm pretty happy with them. they're a little noisy, but they do make more power.

probably a good thing they're so heavy with you doing pull-ups off the bottom of your customer's cars like that
Ports are really well polished out and no "left-overs" from welds etc... Clearly some good time was spent on them.

Hanging from headers is way better than dynos

Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
I still have a set of FabSpeed cat bypasses - almost new - if anyone wants them...

Old 06-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
I just installed a set of the INOX Headers from Orton Performance. They bolted up easily, sealed great and there was a noticable difference in the zip to redline. The car feels both more powerful and it definitely revs quicker which I love! The sound is just a bit louder, especially through the midrange and at full throttle, but it's not annoying. The bang for the buck was awesome.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
Just wondering if anyone have done a dyno for headers yet? Are there any difference between diff manufactures such as Fabspeed, GHL, or Suncoast?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by nine9six
Just wondering if anyone have done a dyno for headers yet? Are there any difference between diff manufactures such as Fabspeed, GHL, or Suncoast?
I have. Big gains from the suncoast headers. Do a search with my name and suncoast. I posted the charts.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
I have. Big gains from the suncoast headers. Do a search with my name and suncoast. I posted the charts.
I cant seem to find your post. Do you think there will be any gains on a N/A 3.4?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:10 AM
996c4s_dallas is infamous around these parts
I don't mean to rain on any body's parade but Dyno'ing the car before and after is the ONLY way to really know if the MOD improved performance. I think when people say it FEELS faster is because it SOUNDS faster. And that FEELING may be all you need to justify the price of the MOD.

I have to have scientific verifiable proof. Not marketing mombo jumbo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Header Reviews