996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

junk yard?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by zona
What parts do you need?

Call AL at Partsheaven in Hayward. Good parts, good service and usually one day shipping to socal.
Good guys but they didn't have much of a selection (996-stuff) when I called about two years ago...... I was also hoping to get the "good guy deal" because we used to refer people there on a daily basis but I didn't feel like I was treated like a "good-guy".......

-Eli

Old 07-25-2006, 10:39 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Its been my experience that used 996 parts are almost the price of some of your new discount dealer prices. As for a "good guy deal".....I hear what you are saying, but Porsche parts will always carry a premium.........new or used!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
RTracing is infamous around these parts
Well, no luck finding a used tranny. Had to go through a dealer, ended up being $9,800 for tranny and install.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:49 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by newport996
Yeah my brother was looking for a rear trim piece for his 964 Turbo....Its the part where the pipes come out just below the bumper...well a 964 Turbo has dual pipes like our 996's one on each side...a NA 964 has a pipe on one side...So he calls them and they say yeah we have the part...he makes sure its the Turbo one with dual pipes, they again say its the right one...he flies out to look at it as for some reason they can't take pics and send him the photos...sure enough when he gets there, its not a Turbo piece...one exhaust port..Then they say, well we can cut this one and it will look just like the Turbo one...but leave your info and we will get one and get it to you...they never called him....I had a similar experience. I wanted a CDR-220 CD player for my Boxster, it had an older CDR-210. I called and asked if they had them and for how much. They say yes we have them, in stock, for $350. I say ok...I'll be by to pick one up. I get there wait like 45 minutes because the guy that needs to get the part is out to lunch. He gets back and tries to sell me everything BUT a CD player. A new TT front end for my Boxster, various seats, steering wheels, wheels, Then I ask him AGAIN about the CDR-220..Yeah we got them...he goes in the back, comes back with PICTURES of Boxsters with the TT front end, and still goes on about other parts...I pull out my cash and say, look I need to get going, just give me the CDR-220...He goes, oh..you want it NOW? I gotta pull it out of this car and I dont have anyone to cover the front for me....I was the only guy in there for like an hour, plus it takes 10 mintues to pull a cd player...he says leave me your name and number and I'll call you in a few hours. I told him, I'd pick it up on my way home from work TAHT DAY...NEVER got a call back....There is something SHADY about that place.