996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

junk yard?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:46 PM
RTracing is infamous around these parts
junk yard?

Does anyone know of a porsche junk yard in socal?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Good question, Im interested too

Old 07-25-2006, 07:29 AM
vette67 is infamous around these parts
There's a Honda/Acura junkyard that does some Porsche stuff in Sun Valley. 9813 GlenOaks Blvd or 9767 GlenOaks, Unit D

818-767-7243

I've never done anything with them though I got one quote from them for a headlight assembly which, if recall correctly, they wanted WAY too much for.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Kclipse is infamous around these parts
Old 07-25-2006, 10:48 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
be careful with those guys...there are LOTS of horror stories with wrong parts, bait and switch, etc....My brother and I have 2 seperate bad experiences with them....

Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Kclipse is infamous around these parts
Thanks for letting everyone know!

Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by newport996
be careful with those guys...there are LOTS of horror stories with wrong parts, bait and switch, etc....My brother and I have 2 seperate bad experiences with them....
You'll find that most of the stuff they sell is over priced!!!

I once called to get a quote when working on my headlamps and I needed the trays and hardware. THEY ALWAYS ASK FOR YOUR NUMBER TO CALL YOU BACK SO THEY CAN LOOK UP WHAT PORSCHE IS SELLING THEM FOR. They called me back and I was quoted a "decent price" but I figured I was saving time and a "little" money so I went for it. I THEN GOT A CALL THAT SAME DAY FROM A DIFFERENT PERSON STATING THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE THOSE PARTS THEY JUST QUOTED ME ON AND THEY WANTED TO SELL ME NEW ONES WHAT A JOKE, NEVER AGAIN WILL I CALL......

Old 07-25-2006, 01:18 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Yeah my brother was looking for a rear trim piece for his 964 Turbo....Its the part where the pipes come out just below the bumper...well a 964 Turbo has dual pipes like our 996's one on each side...a NA 964 has a pipe on one side...So he calls them and they say yeah we have the part...he makes sure its the Turbo one with dual pipes, they again say its the right one...he flies out to look at it as for some reason they can't take pics and send him the photos...sure enough when he gets there, its not a Turbo piece...one exhaust port..Then they say, well we can cut this one and it will look just like the Turbo one...but leave your info and we will get one and get it to you...they never called him....I had a similar experience. I wanted a CDR-220 CD player for my Boxster, it had an older CDR-210. I called and asked if they had them and for how much. They say yes we have them, in stock, for $350. I say ok...I'll be by to pick one up. I get there wait like 45 minutes because the guy that needs to get the part is out to lunch. He gets back and tries to sell me everything BUT a CD player. A new TT front end for my Boxster, various seats, steering wheels, wheels, Then I ask him AGAIN about the CDR-220..Yeah we got them...he goes in the back, comes back with PICTURES of Boxsters with the TT front end, and still goes on about other parts...I pull out my cash and say, look I need to get going, just give me the CDR-220...He goes, oh..you want it NOW? I gotta pull it out of this car and I dont have anyone to cover the front for me....I was the only guy in there for like an hour, plus it takes 10 mintues to pull a cd player...he says leave me your name and number and I'll call you in a few hours. I told him, I'd pick it up on my way home from work TAHT DAY...NEVER got a call back....There is something SHADY about that place.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
thanks for the info guys.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Parts is parts

Call Brian at Einmalig in Huntington Beach (714) 895-6567. He specializes in air-cooled Porsches, but he bought a warehouse full of 996 parts and accessories. Tell him I referred you and you'll get the good guy price.

Andre

Old 07-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Onetime
Call Brian at Einmalig in Huntington Beach (714) 895-6567. He specializes in air-cooled Porsches, but he bought a warehouse full of 996 parts and accessories. Tell him I referred you and you'll get the good guy price.

Andre
Dang they only had a tip tranny. Thanks a lot though.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Sorry

RT,
Sorry about that, Dang, I knew as soon as I said something he wouldn't have anything. He does have aluminum and carbon fiber e-brake handles and steering wheels though. Why am I saying this?
Andre

Old 07-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by Onetime
RT,
Sorry about that, Dang, I knew as soon as I said something he wouldn't have anything. He does have aluminum and carbon fiber e-brake handles and steering wheels though. Why am I saying this?
Andre
Sounds like you can get a job a LA dismantlers (911pcar.com) .......

Old 07-25-2006, 08:56 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
What parts do you need?

Call AL at Partsheaven in Hayward. Good parts, good service and usually one day shipping to socal.

Originally Posted by RTracing
Does anyone know of a porsche junk yard in socal?

Old 07-25-2006, 08:59 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Well said Bro...............You better be there when they pull the parts and make sure the parts are exactly what you are looking for before you hand over the cash!

Originally Posted by newport996
Yeah my brother was looking for a rear trim piece for his 964 Turbo....Its the part where the pipes come out just below the bumper...well a 964 Turbo has dual pipes like our 996's one on each side...a NA 964 has a pipe on one side...So he calls them and they say yeah we have the part...he makes sure its the Turbo one with dual pipes, they again say its the right one...he flies out to look at it as for some reason they can't take pics and send him the photos...sure enough when he gets there, its not a Turbo piece...one exhaust port..Then they say, well we can cut this one and it will look just like the Turbo one...but leave your info and we will get one and get it to you...they never called him....I had a similar experience. I wanted a CDR-220 CD player for my Boxster, it had an older CDR-210. I called and asked if they had them and for how much. They say yes we have them, in stock, for $350. I say ok...I'll be by to pick one up. I get there wait like 45 minutes because the guy that needs to get the part is out to lunch. He gets back and tries to sell me everything BUT a CD player. A new TT front end for my Boxster, various seats, steering wheels, wheels, Then I ask him AGAIN about the CDR-220..Yeah we got them...he goes in the back, comes back with PICTURES of Boxsters with the TT front end, and still goes on about other parts...I pull out my cash and say, look I need to get going, just give me the CDR-220...He goes, oh..you want it NOW? I gotta pull it out of this car and I dont have anyone to cover the front for me....I was the only guy in there for like an hour, plus it takes 10 mintues to pull a cd player...he says leave me your name and number and I'll call you in a few hours. I told him, I'd pick it up on my way home from work TAHT DAY...NEVER got a call back....There is something SHADY about that place.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: junk yard?