996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

best shine for a black car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned
rahi is infamous around these parts
ive also found 50:50 Connoisseur Paste Wax LTD edition is one hell of a daddy!
http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/produc...-fslash-50.htm

Old 04-08-2007, 11:48 AM
spyderman33 is infamous around these parts
When I had the black NSX I got a tip from a black Lambo owner... Poorboys wax www.poorboysworld.com They have a great swirl remover which is the problem I had with the NSX... I tried Zaino and it was expensive and it left an OK result...

The other one that I liked was 3M products, they make a killer swirl remover you can pick up at PepBoy's especially made for dark colors...

Lastly, as a quick touchup, I swore by NanoWax by Eagle One...

Everyone has their favorites... I have a box of stuff in my garage that I experimented with... My end result is a mix of different things...

Old 04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
I own a black Pathfinder and when washed with P21S soap, 3M Hand Glaze, followed by One Grand Blitz wax, it looks as if the paint will droop off it. If your car doesn't get the treatment mentioned above on a monthly basis (my cars do), then you will perhaps need to clay first (any will do, heard good things about Meguiars).

Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I have used every product mentioned except One Grand Blitx and none of them are near as good as Adams Spray Detailer and Butter wax. I used to think Liquid Glass was the best and used it for several years. Then I tried Zaino for a couple years.
I also have a late model Corvette and follow their forums pretty well. I then tried the Adams products over my GT3 which had just been waxed with Zaino! I was like a professional detail had been done. I am sold.
I am still trying to find a higher quality scratch and swirl remover. For now I'm using 3M Glaze and it does a pretty good job.
By the way:there seems to be a BIG difference in Porsche Black and Corvette black.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Doctor K
I have used every product mentioned except One Grand Blitx and none of them are near as good as Adams Spray Detailer and Butter wax. I used to think Liquid Glass was the best and used it for several years. Then I tried Zaino for a couple years.
I also have a late model Corvette and follow their forums pretty well. I then tried the Adams products over my GT3 which had just been waxed with Zaino! I was like a professional detail had been done. I am sold.
I am still trying to find a higher quality scratch and swirl remover. For now I'm using 3M Glaze and it does a pretty good job.
By the way:there seems to be a BIG difference in Porsche Black and Corvette black.
Huge is an understatement for the difference in Porsche clear and Corvette clear. Porsche clear is very easy to de-swirl. corvette clear is next to impossible to get even the slightest swirls out of. It sucks bigtime!!

If you try optimum polish on a gray lake country pad with a PC you can remove 90% of swirls on porsche.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:34 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Doctor K, try the One Grand, trust me on this one. Buddy of mine owns a detail shop and he uses Meguiar's exclusively and he always comments on the shine and depth I get on my cars (silver color and black). For the $25 or so the can costs, its almost a bargain and will last a LONG time. You can get it here: http://www.carcareonline.com