996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

HP gains from upsolute reflash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 04:31 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaded996
HAHAHAH, yeah I know. I figured I would go with everything to start, then back down on certian things if the sound bothers me. I love the sound of the porsche cup cars, i just need to see how loud, ****ing loud is.

If I dont like it I'll probably end up selling the muffler deletes and leaving the cat deletes on there. Switch it to a muffler system. I know it wont make that much of a hp difference between the muffler delete and a nice system.

The car is a weekend fun car, not my daily, the only long trips will be to shows, just hope my girl can handle the sound...hahahah
i had perf. headers, cat deletes, and performance mufflers on my car for about five minutes the stock cats were promptly reinstalled. the sound was terrible.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:32 PM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Miykl
+1!!!! ... Good luck with that. you'll need more that a drop in chip or even gereric GIAC to make it run worth a damn. Go ahead and pull the bulb out of your CEL also...
Ok I know lots of people have the muffler deletes, I know alot of people have the headers, I have even seen quite a few with the cat deletes. What about the combo makes them so bad?

The fabspeed site says that the cell may come on with the cat deltes but the car will run fine, is this untrue?

If you have evidence that says this setup will suck please let me know. I am having a race shop install it all when they do my 60k service.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Miykl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
the blower on the 996 was the only power mod that seemed noticeable
one day... one day....

Old 08-25-2006, 04:33 PM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
i had perf. headers, cat deletes, and performance mufflers on my car for about five minutes the stock cats were promptly reinstalled. the sound was terrible.
So the cat deletes were the main issue? By horrible how do you mean? Just loud or raspy? I don't want the fart can noise.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:35 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
So the cat deletes were the main issue? By horrible how do you mean? Just loud or raspy? I don't want the fart can noise.
loud and raspy. sounded like ****. abnoxious would probably be a good adjective as well....

Old 08-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Ok I know lots of people have the muffler deletes, I know alot of people have the headers, I have even seen quite a few with the cat deletes. What about the combo makes them so bad?

The fabspeed site says that the cell may come on with the cat deltes but the car will run fine, is this untrue?

If you have evidence that says this setup will suck please let me know. I am having a race shop install it all when they do my 60k service.
If you want some cat deletes i have a set sitting on a self in my garage (Supersprints). Just haven't had time to post them on eBay. ..ok, I've had time... just lazy. ...anyway as DD said, with headers, cat deletes, and Fabspeed mufflers the sound was horrible. I think the headers have alot to do with it. They give the car a more raspy sound that really gets amplified with cat deletes. having cat deletes and muffler deletes, you'll have no muting. REALLY loud. Plus basically no back pressure. You will get a CEL but the car will run ok (no limp home mode) unless the lacking back preasure causes a problem I've not heard of. My highly tuned Butt dyno says the car runs better with the cats than w/o.

Go for it. It's your car. We all have our prefferences. Enjoy!!

Old 08-25-2006, 04:40 PM
think beat up Civic with a pimpled faced teenager at the wheel.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:41 PM
loud and raspy. sounded like ****. abnoxious would probably be a good adjective as well....
have you heard the muffler deletes in person? What did you think of those?

Old 08-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the insight on this. I have looked around the board and the reviews seem very mixed. I think I will hold off on the cat deletes until I hear the car with the muffler deltes and headers.

I have a feeling if its that lound my girl will never get in the car...

Old 08-25-2006, 05:06 PM
After talking to the tuner, he builds and races his own porsche team, I have decided to go with the headers, and the muffler delete. I heard the video of the muffler deletes on the fabspeed site and it sounded awesome. I hope that witht he headers its not too much louder. He did think that with the cat and muffler delted it would be way too loud and also not run properly.

So it looks like i will have a set of brand new cat deletes for sale.

Last edited by jaded996; 08-25-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
let me know if you want a video I have of my car with the headers, mufflers and cat bypass setup. i have some start up video and blow by video from the track

Old 08-25-2006, 07:49 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts

I second that!! It sounded like Honda civic with a huge exhaust can. Not a sound for an $80,000 car, IMHO

Old 08-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Brucem
let me know if you want a video I have of my car with the headers, mufflers and cat bypass setup. i have some start up video and blow by video from the track
Id love to hear it. What mufflers do you have?

Old 08-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
i have the Fabspeed ( i belive cause i bought the car with them installed). send me your email and I can send them to you. here are some I uploaded a while back

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87026768241521

Old 08-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I sent you a pm with my email. can't wait for the vids!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HP gains from upsolute reflash?