996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

HP gains from upsolute reflash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
email sent

Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 AM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks a lot!

Old 08-26-2006, 10:21 AM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
Emailed Fabspeed and they said that the cat deletes along with the headers and the stock mufflers would make more power and sound agressive but not bad as oposed to the headers and muffler deletes.

So now I am thinking I will do the cat-deletes and the headers and sell the muffler deletes.

Maybee ill add a performance muffler system down the line.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
i had perf. headers, cat deletes, and performance mufflers on my car for about five minutes the stock cats were promptly reinstalled. the sound was terrible.
It was indeed the worst sounding Porsche I have ever heard. Unbareable and undriveable on regular US roads. It was disgusting.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:25 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaded996
have you heard the muffler deletes in person? What did you think of those?
Muffler deletes sound good with the cats still on.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Bruce, didnt get that email. Did I give you

jadebmr@yahoo.com as the address?

Old 08-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
did you get it now? did you check out the google link?

Old 08-28-2006, 10:52 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Brucem
did you get it now? did you check out the google link?
Quick question guys. I will have my Gemballa exhaust at my house this week. is there any type of break-in invloved with an aftermarket exhaust or just install and go? Im very anxiously awaiting this thing, along with the new tips to install them. also, the tips are 110 mm, is this any bigger than stock ones? I sure hope so, wouldnt mind a little bigger tips.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:53 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
PC4,
No break in required. Turn off the stereo, push the gas and enjoy. Actually, just make sure that you have all the associated gaskets. Block to manifolds (headers, if came with your kit) and manifolds to cats (triangular shaped ones). Keep in mind that your Motonic will take awhile to "learn" your new GEMBALLA exhaust so, any improvement to power will take a short time.
Enjoy.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Dropping off my car to put on the cat delete and the headers. Also getting the 60k service while its there. If Its not too loud I am going to upgrade the mufflers next. From What I understand though, with the headers and cats, the mufflers wont make much more power at all. Is that right?

Also after looking at all this I don't think I will do the flash either. It doesnt look like it is really worth it for the ammount of power it makes. I do plan on saving and eventually doing the supercharger. I figure with the mods I have planned the car will be quick and handle really well. This is the fastest best handling car I have ever owned so i think taking some time to get used to it isnt a bad idea.

Thanks for everyones input here.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:20 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
PC4,
No break in required. Turn off the stereo, push the gas and enjoy. Actually, just make sure that you have all the associated gaskets. Block to manifolds (headers, if came with your kit) and manifolds to cats (triangular shaped ones). Keep in mind that your Motonic will take awhile to "learn" your new GEMBALLA exhaust so, any improvement to power will take a short time.
Enjoy.
Thanks a lot for the advice! It is actually only the mufflers and tips, so i hope the install wont be too bad. Its my first time doing this, plus im just really excited to get this bad boy on there, and listen to the symphony its going to produce. I bought the exhaust kit accessories package from FVD to make sure I have all the necessary hardware because the stuff on there prob wont be usable again.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:18 AM
s.bjorn.hoffman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
-Lost some torque throughout the powerband
-Slight increase in power throughout powerband
Sorry, but...
Torque change = power change at specific rpm.
If one goes up or down, the other one goes with it.

Is your car stronger or weaker?

/Confused

Nice looking car!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Car goes in for the install next week. I am doing the suspension install this weekend.