996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car vandalized yet again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Well thats the thing there is no way who ever is doing this has the cash to pay for the repairs, the worse thing that could happen is the insurance company saying, "well go after the guy who did it don't bother us"

Old 08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Insurance company cannot deny the claim just because you know who it is.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Don't post the warning. . . . Only do this is you aren't going to put up cameras. It's best to catch him/her. You might be able to recover all your co-pays etc. Your insurance company might also go after them for the work they paid for.

Nice!

-Eli

Old 09-01-2006, 10:09 PM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
Have you talked to the Police and ask for suggestions? They might have some valuable tips and may even already have someone in mind they have arrested before with this MO. This person probably has done this before and simply hates anyone who drives a better care than him....sick!

Old 09-01-2006, 10:41 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I have talked to the police and yes they have seen a huge increase in this sort of stuff. No they don;t care its just not something that the feel is a problem.

They did tell me some person a little south of me has been putting brown sugar into gas tanks of high end SUV's apperently it has destroyed more then a few motors,my insurance company has covered quite a few of the cases and confirmed.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
This is what You do... NO JOKE... go get a wireless camera and hook it up in ur car so u can get a good look around it...place it in the back seat so u can see out of 180 degrees of the car...Then do the following in order

1. Get a knife...hunting more than 3 inch blade
2. Get a gun...something that hurts... but legal..i say a 12gauge with a slug
3. Setup camera and get LOTS OF STARBUCKS.
4. Post a Sticker on the car...Saying "I am better than You"
5. Wait...Wait...and Wait some more while you watch the camera
6. When he/she comes to mess with it again..Run.. LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT TO YOUR CAR...Toss him the knife... when he or she catches it..Pull out the 12 gauge and just let one off...
7. When the cops come for the corpse be like.. "sir he threaten me with a knife for my car and luckly for me i had my hand shotgun on deck..."

8. dont forget to wear gloves when holding the knife so they only get the guys/girls prints off of it..

9. Go back inside crack open a beer and enjoy your safe and yet heavily known not to screw with porsche...

oh just to let u know...someone once came to my house and bashed in my Skyline window... drive side...took a month for a new window since they dont have them state side... I got video of the guy doing it...and lets say this... I LAUGHED LAST...

Last edited by Me_qwkr; 09-01-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:03 PM
yh8t is infamous around these parts
I know how you feel, someone took a blade and put several scratches on my 430, it happened at work there is a camera on the car and after reviewing the tape you can see a guy with a shirt and tie leaning over the car! sometimes it's people that you would never expect. Haters!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
This is what You do... NO JOKE... go get a wireless camera and hook it up in ur car so u can get a good look around it...place it in the back seat so u can see out of 180 degrees of the car...Then do the following in order

1. Get a knife...hunting more than 3 inch blade
2. Get a gun...something that hurts... but legal..i say a 12gauge with a slug
3. Setup camera and get LOTS OF STARBUCKS.
4. Post a Sticker on the car...Saying "I am better than You"
5. Wait...Wait...and Wait some more while you watch the camera
6. When he/she comes to mess with it again..Run.. LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT TO YOUR CAR...Toss him the knife... when he or she catches it..Pull out the 12 gauge and just let one off...
7. When the cops come for the corpse be like.. "sir he threaten me with a knife for my car and luckly for me i had my hand shotgun on deck..."

8. dont forget to wear gloves when holding the knife so they only get the guys/girls prints off of it..

9. Go back inside crack open a beer and enjoy your safe and yet heavily known not to screw with porsche...

oh just to let u know...someone once came to my house and bashed in my Skyline window... drive side...took a month for a new window since they dont have them state side... I got video of the guy doing it...and lets say this... I LAUGHED LAST...
9 steps to success!

Old 09-02-2006, 04:52 AM
mjb2448 is infamous around these parts
#10 " Your honor....I opened fire because I feared for my life."

Old 09-04-2006, 10:17 AM
NIKAS is infamous around these parts
Friend had similar problem and resolved via motion camera and cops; the critical assumption is that the freak will come back to strike again...and will be under same influences as before.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Camera, Car Cover, Clifford Matrix w/ glass sensor, 12-gauge.

With any good fortune you'll get the ***** on tape and he'll get butt raped in prison for a few years.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Simba
With any good fortune you'll get the ***** on tape and he'll get butt raped in prison for a few years.
Prison, I would be lucky if the police would even charge him, I doubt he would get anything more serious then a parking ticket out here.

Right now I am still in decision mode, I have sold my 356 which I was storing offsite and I might stick the 911 there for the time being.

I have a bunch of cash from the insurance settlement and selling the 356 and I might just strip the car out, cage it and have some fun building something that I would not car if t got scratched.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:02 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
that is ****ed up.. why would someboyd break into a garage to key a car?!?! wth is wrong with this guy...
if you ever catch this guy, i think we all should pay him a visit =P

Old 09-21-2006, 01:28 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Camera and Car cover with alarm for sure.. it'll take him a sec. to get the cover off if he decides to come back so the camera can get a good look at him. Even if he dosent have the money to pay for all the past damages, ull still get the last laugh knowing this guy has a felony on his record. He won't try it again.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:30 PM
I think he is gone now, a week ago they started to demolish the last remaining cheap apartment complex in the neighborhood, its a huge pile of rubble right now and since then no cars have been key'd in the neighborhood that I have heard about.

I am going to wait a few months to make sure and then send the car in for some custom paint work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car vandalized yet again.