996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car vandalized yet again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Like i said before...You need a knife a wi-fi camera and BETTER ALARM system... set it so sensitive that if the wind blows by it goes off.. then have the wi-fi set up...so you can see your car from your apartment/condo/house what ever... Then when he is keying your car go down there toss him the knife...for sure he will catch it.. THEN SHOT THE *****(BEEP)...

Dont make the same mistake i did and toss a knife from your kitchen... Go to big 5 or something and buy one cash... no evidence you ever bought it then...

Old 09-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
I think he is gone now, a week ago they started to demolish the last remaining cheap apartment complex in the neighborhood, its a huge pile of rubble right now and since then no cars have been key'd in the neighborhood that I have heard about.

I am going to wait a few months to make sure and then send the car in for some custom paint work.
Dude, you still need a camera..........

Just best to sleep good at night, they sell some basic kits for under $300.00. . . . We all don't have to go the extreme route with the pan, tilt, zoom, focus, switching, multiplex, controllers, monitors etc. etc. like I did....

-Eli

Old 09-23-2006, 12:54 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
Like i said before...You need a knife a wi-fi camera and BETTER ALARM system... set it so sensitive that if the wind blows by it goes off.. then have the wi-fi set up...so you can see your car from your apartment/condo/house what ever... Then when he is keying your car go down there toss him the knife...for sure he will catch it.. THEN SHOT THE *****(BEEP)...

Dont make the same mistake i did and toss a knife from your kitchen... Go to big 5 or something and buy one cash... no evidence you ever bought it then...
from your kitchen eh???? hahahahahhahahahah

Old 09-24-2006, 10:01 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Finnaly some photos to show.

Also who can i buy a car cover from that will fit over the factory taco wing.

Name:  Scratch1.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  225.1 KB

Name:  Scratch 2.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  233.6 KB

Old 09-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Everyone is right... go the camera route. My bro-in-law's 3-series would always seem to pick up scratches in his underground parking at his old condo... complex put up a camera, and they caught an OLD LADY doing it... crazy *****.

My bodyshop just redid an '02 996 Cab for the very reason... full repaint and new top... insurance check was $9k+... so yeah, it ain't cheap.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
sorry about you car man...reminds me of when the C4S' hood crest co stolen, tool of choice screwdriver...it was a horrible night...and it only happened less than 100yd away from the living room...that SoB!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Well they tried at one point to get the rear badge no damage but I did debadge the car over it.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:58 PM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
Finnaly some photos to show.

Also who can i buy a car cover from that will fit over the factory taco wing.

Attachment 42200

Attachment 42201
It hurts looking at those pics. I know as well how it feels. It happend once to our suv which got keyed on one side from the front to the back.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:19 AM
nicolaasdb is infamous around these parts
those key marks look sick......what an *******s! I had this happen to me once about 16 years ago...BMW on the hood.....go the camera route and if you really hate the guy......get a baseball bat...kick the **** out of him drag him to the curb and leave him there...make sure you got a alibi and no one sees you doing it!!

Old 09-29-2006, 07:42 AM
GT 350 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that...what a bummer. Kids in my neighborhood always steal things off my cars... i've caught them messing with the mercedes emblem on the benz.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Faris13 is infamous around these parts
I feel your pain. A couple of days ago I didn't park the car in the garage cause our other car took the space up. Well I walked out and someone had kicked in two huge dents on my engine lid. not happy at all

Old 11-02-2006, 02:52 PM
scotia_steve74 is infamous around these parts
Had my first car smashed up by kids twice - all windows panned in, roof jumped on.

Had abuse shouted at me today on a test drive - said I had a $hite car. I looked at the 14 year old, couldnt resist and told him he was riding a pink girls bike. Juvenile but funny. It's those kind unfortunately that do this kind of thing. If only we were allowed to kick the crap out of kids again....

Old 11-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by scotia_steve74
Had abuse shouted at me today on a test drive - said I had a $hite car. I looked at the 14 year old, couldnt resist and told him he was riding a pink girls bike.
The kid's just jealous because he will never be able to afford one. I got to say though, I am curious why they only mess with your car in the garage...

Old 11-06-2006, 10:01 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
those pictures literally make me sick. there are alot of jealous people in the world.