996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car vandalized yet again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:58 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Car vandalized yet again.

Need some advice here, walked out to my car yesterday and someone in the neighborhood has screwed with it yet again, They had dug out the rear glass seal and pulled the whole passenger side out and the bottom of the glass out. This is on top of having the car key'd on almost every body panel a few moths ago. Plus butt marks and marks on the car which have scratched it even further. I have had this car ~3 months now and it has been perfect on the road and horrible to live with after I park it.

I was debating selling the car after I get the car touched up but not repainted. With the check I am going to get from the insurance company for the paint I don't have to much in the car and it hurts going out to look at it in the morning,I bought it perfect and I just connot keep it that way. I just sold my 356 and If I sell this I am thinking of just getting a monster of a 944 with a crappy body and just dealing with the damage until we find or build a new house in a year or two.

So what would a 99 996 with 49K miles in perfect mechinical condition with aero/rims and not much else in terms of options bring in this market with some paint damage. I know what I paid for it, but it was the exact color I wanted with rims and aero and it was perfect in all respects.

My wife thinks that I should just md the heck out of it and live with the damage, and she might be right, fix the paint cheap and drive it until the wheels fall off.

Sorry for a bit of a rant.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
What are the chances of building a garage? I'd consider protection before you make a decision on the car itself.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !
Agreed. I'd keep the car, if you can provide a safe home for her. If not, I'd sell with a quickness. You'll sleep better at night.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:20 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
No garage, I do have locked underground parking but that is where the car got key'd before. I litereally had it for 20 hours and someone broke in through the back door of the garage and key'd the car. I was devistated when it happened. Whats worse is it keeps happing in my neighborhood so its one guy and they have not caught him yet.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Set up cameras to catch the guy, and then firebomb his house and car.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 AM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
I second the camera set up...payback is a *****!

Old 08-31-2006, 11:49 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
The camera thing works, but just remember, it is just a car

Old 08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
schnazzy is infamous around these parts
How about a car cover? It is my interpretation that you can have it alarmed either by device attached under the car to the straps or some other way.

How about an alarm (with motion and glass breakage)? ($500ish for good brand installed)

A camera (tinted windows would hurt the visiability if you put it in the car). I heard of someone putting a wireless camera and inverter in his car. It was motion sensored camer like a linksys etc. It does draw some power but not much. Otherwise if it underground parking and you get the same spot and it is your and you can mount a camera somewhere... If your car is being messed with in an underground garage you can probably report this to the owner of the garage and they may let you put a camera in the spot you park at. If they don't have a lawyer friend write them a letter asking pretty please

Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
camera, car cover and good alarm with pager are all good ideas. don't fix or buy a new car until you know you've got a safe spot for it. get something low profile and cheap if you do buy another car.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:33 PM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
The real question is who did you **** off?

Old 08-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
Install a camera for sure... Its pretty sad that we live in a world were this **** happens.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Roxysnow is infamous around these parts
That sucks! My buddies Viper got F'd with alot until he was able to get a garage in his complex! Like the others said, alarm and car cover! Sorry to hear that shiat is happening!

Old 08-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I'M A BIG BELIEVER IN THE CAMERAS, I HAD PROBLEMS WITH A NEIGHBOR A WHILE BACK AND THE CAMERAS DID THE TRICK. WE WENT TO COURT AND HE WAS FACED WITH CLEAR EVIDENCE.

NEVER HAS HE SCREWED WITH ME KNOWING THAT "BIG BROTHER" IS IN THE AIR. I PROBABLY HAVE THE MOST EXPENSIVE CAMERA SYSTEMS IN A PRIVATE HOME IN THE CITY.

Remember: The camera doesn't lie! Once you catch this person, all the worries will go away, just remember to PRESS CHARGES!!!!! You can also get a restraining order so if they live in the building they will either need to leave or they will need to park elsewhere.

Here's the manufacture of the set up I got: http://www.sensormatic.com/ go here: http://www.tycofireandsecurity.com/Internet/ just remember you can get away with something very simple to get the results you need.

Good Luck,

-Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 08-31-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Camera sounds like a plan, now the question is to put a sign up that says your being videotaped or to not put it up and risk the car getting hurt again.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:03 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
are you obligated to post warning? if not, don't. this way, you can catch the thief and make him pay for all the repairs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car vandalized yet again.