996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New pics of my ride by request

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Any engine mods to go with all that agressive bodywork or is it purely for show ? I certainly hope you didn't spend $20k just for looks...

Old 09-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Crod
Any engine mods to go with all that agressive bodywork or is it purely for show ? I certainly hope you didn't spend $20k just for looks...
Do you ever have anything nice to say? Lets see a list of your mods!

Performance mods:
headers
intake
exhaust
b&m shifter
ap linkage
jic coilovers

Old 09-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by skibum
Do you ever have anything nice to say? Lets see a list of your mods!

Performance mods:
headers
intake
exhaust
b&m shifter
ap linkage
jic coilovers
First of all, I'm not the one that posted photos of my car. So, you have to expect that not everyone is going to have positive comments. You have a nice looking car, dude...I just think it's lame to spend that kind of money to make your car look like something it's clearly not, and then not even spend the time or money to make it faster. But hey, if all show and no go is what you were trying to achieve, then you hit the nail on the head - nice work.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
I did not feel like spending 10k on a supercharger that would still be slower than a real gt2.

What kind of car do you have? We are still waiting for your pics and mod list. I am sure you could have got something faster that doesn't look as nice.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:55 PM
KelvinC is infamous around these parts
Come on guys, we all drive really sweet cars, I don't think there's the need to make a comment like "all show and no go." I mean, it's still a 911. And he's not passing the car off as a GT2 with badges and such, but more likely he just prefers the body styling of the aero kit over stock, and chose to make the enhancement to his car. Porsche in fact encourages this as an option to add "GT3-style" aerokits to both the 996 and 997 as tequipment.

And as he stated before, he's done some performance oriented mods, so lets continue to enjoy looking at new pics of members' cars, and move on!

Skibum, your car looks sweet. I think the quality of the aftermarket bumper looks pretty sweet, I might consider the Aerokit II version from the same company in the future. Crod obviously has different opinions about "modding" than you do, so there's no need to encourage the hate.

I'm not trying to moderate, as I'm just an observer, but I really don't understand forum fights, and appreciate looking at all Porsches, and can understand "to each his own."

Last edited by KelvinC; 09-30-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:56 PM
SAB
Banned
SAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of light
You two should give it a break and check out this thread....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=58597

Old 09-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by KelvinC
I don't feel the need to make a comment like "all show and no go." I mean, it's still a 911.

Thanks, I don't need to go over 175 like Crod does. I had a faster car before this and the 911 is fine for me.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned
Lets get a few things clear here...
I never said I like to go over 175mph. But now that you mention it, I do, on a closed circuit/track, not on the street. Also, I do it in a real race car with all the safety equipment associated, not in a poser mobile like yours.
You as well as others, choose to post a description of your car in your sig line - I don't feel the need nor require the approval by doing so from jerks like you.
Like Kelvin said, you have a nice car. I tend to disagree to a certain extent....You HAD a nice car before you bastardized it with cheap non-factory aftermarket parts that only partially resemble a factory GT2 look, with no real engine modifications. So you wanted it to look fast and agressive.... as I said before, nice job.
Lastly, I have a 997S coupe that is bone stock. Any modifications that I do to my car will only be done with factory parts. I have, and have had cars that are much faster. But this is a daily driver for me so I see no need to try and turn it into something it's not.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:23 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
First of all, I'm not the one that posted photos of my car. So, you have to expect that not everyone is going to have positive comments. You have a nice looking car, dude...I just think it's lame to spend that kind of money to make your car look like something it's clearly not, and then not even spend the time or money to make it faster. But hey, if all show and no go is what you were trying to achieve, then you hit the nail on the head - nice work.
You are a tool.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:24 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Lets get a few things clear here...
I never said I like to go over 175mph. But now that you mention it, I do, on a closed circuit/track, not on the street. Also, I do it in a real race car with all the safety equipment associated, not in a poser mobile like yours.
You as well as others, choose to post a description of your car in your sig line - I don't feel the need nor require the approval by doing so from jerks like you.
Like Kelvin said, you have a nice car. I tend to disagree to a certain extent....You HAD a nice car before you bastardized it with cheap non-factory aftermarket parts that only partially resemble a factory GT2 look, with no real engine modifications. So you wanted it to look fast and agressive.... as I said before, nice job.
Lastly, I have a 997S coupe that is bone stock. Any modifications that I do to my car will only be done with factory parts. I have, and have had cars that are much faster. But this is a daily driver for me so I see no need to try and turn it into something it's not.
What track do you go 175mph on?

Old 09-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned
Also, I do it in a real race car with all the safety equipment associated,

Lastly, I have a 997S coupe that is bone stock. Any modifications that I do to my car will only be done with factory parts.

Oh, please tell us all about your "real" race car and where you go 175+ on a track. Are you a Nascar driver????

The best looking, fastest cars on this board are done with non-factory parts. Are they all "bastardized"?

Old 09-30-2006, 01:36 PM
SAB
Banned
SAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of lightSAB is a glorious beacon of light

Old 09-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SAB

This would be a good avatar for him!

Old 09-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Banned
I, like many others here, have been debating which aftermarket cans to use to get some better sound out of my 997S.
Hey, look what you posted in the 997 forum. I guess you are planning on bastardizing your car.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 PM
SAB
Banned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New pics of my ride by request