996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.
View Poll Results: Which bumper looks better for a c2?
Aero Kit II
58.33%
Turbo
41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Which front bumper for Facelift?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
why do chiropractors always use their photos in advertising? chiropractors and realtors actually. never got that...

Old 09-22-2006, 08:24 PM
San Diego Porschophile
drpaulmarsh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
why do chiropractors always use their photos in advertising? chiropractors and realtors actually. never got that...
Sorry If I offended anyone, just too busy with job and new wife to play with photoshop and learn how to make a cool avatar. Hell, I'm so new at this chat forum/thing, I screwed up and made my username the begining of my [e]mail. . . I had no idea I could customize anything when I signed up...

Paul

Old 09-22-2006, 08:38 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by drpaulmarsh
Correct me if I am wrong, but if you have a 2000 you will have to change the fenders and lights as well. I have a 1999 with the Aero Kit I and love it... but last I checked the 99-00's have the old headlight config.

Paul
2002 above

Old 09-22-2006, 08:57 PM
i300zxtt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by newport996
In fact there is one on ebay for $680...I think its aftermarket, but it looks pretty good....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...QQcmdZViewItem
It's fiberglass and that's a deal breaker. I would destroy it in a week.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but if you have a 2000 you will have to change the fenders and lights as well. I have a 1999 with the Aero Kit I and love it... but last I checked the 99-00's have the old headlight config.

Paul
Yes, I do have to change out alot of parts. And yes it's expensive. But, I wanted to change the front bumper anyway + I wanted litronics, so I said "what the hell, why not go for broke and do a facelift."

At least that's how I rationalize the massive amount of money this is costing.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:48 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Sorry If I offended anyone, just too busy with job and new wife to play with photoshop and learn how to make a cool avatar. Hell, I'm so new at this chat forum/thing, I screwed up and made my username the begining of my [e]mail. . . I had no idea I could customize anything when I signed up...

Paul
no offense at all. just curious as to why chiropracters always use their pics in advertising (tv, billboards, etc..). is it a marketing strategy? most physicians in other fields don't use their pics at all.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by i300zxtt
Yes, I do have to change out alot of parts. And yes it's expensive. But, I wanted to change the front bumper anyway + I wanted litronics, so I said "what the hell, why not go for broke and do a facelift."

At least that's how I rationalize the massive amount of money this is costing.
you should be able to do the turbo front bumper including paint, lip, grills, and eyelids for about a grand. there are plenty of used ones popping up on here and ebay all the time.

the fenders are usually pretty cheap, but shipping may be ugly. the litronics will be the most expensive part.

i'm guessing 3g's by the time you're done doing the whole conversion.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:06 PM
you should be able to do the turbo front bumper including paint, lip, grills, and eyelids for about a grand. there are plenty of used ones popping up on here and ebay all the time.

the fenders are usually pretty cheap, but shipping may be ugly. the litronics will be the most expensive part.

i'm guessing 3g's by the time you're done doing the whole conversion.
I already have the Headlights and Fenders (What's more they are painted and in A+ condition! Gemballa take-off part from a 03 turbo)

The porsche wiring harnesses are a rip, Pelican Parts wants $388 each!

Old 09-22-2006, 10:13 PM
that's called pcar tax my friend. everything's twice as much on these cars.

well you're almost there having the fenders and the headlights. just pick your bumper out and you're good to go.

you can't really go wrong with whatever you pick. the factory 996 stock bumper is so bland, anything is an upgrade.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
The vents on top of the gt3 cup bumper are for venting the 3rd radiator which a c2 does not have. It is the same reason gt2's have the black vents on the nose.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:45 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skibum
The vents on top of the gt3 cup bumper are for venting the 3rd radiator which a c2 does not have. It is the same reason gt2's have the black vents on the nose.

really? i guess, that means the vents on the techart bumper serves the same purpose?

hm.. i never knew that black vents acutally had a purpose.. lol

Old 09-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
really? i guess, that means the vents on the techart bumper serves the same purpose?

hm.. i never knew that black vents acutally had a purpose.. lol

On my dad's gt2, those vents get burning hot after a spirited drive.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:19 PM
San Diego Porschophile
Thumbs up

no offense at all. just curious as to why chiropractors always use their pics in advertising (tv, billboards, etc..). is it a marketing strategy? most physicians in other fields don't use their pics at all.
I think I do it b/c I am terrible with names & it is just nice to associate a name witht the face for me.

Of note, it has helped me in PCA and various 6speed events as well! For example I have always been the "young guy" at various Southern California group meets and tech sesisions. It seems being the new guy yields it's draw backs, specifically none of the old guys generally seem that out going and/or want talk to us younger generation owners that much. But Since I have made myself more known in the community, and I think b/c they see my face in the posts on the boards it has changed....When we all go on rides up to crystal cove and hang out at various events here in town, everyone seems to remember me more now. . . Whic makes the experience that much more fun~

Paul

Old 09-23-2006, 01:22 PM
San Diego Porschophile
My 99' C2 is a chicktronic (DailyDriver) and has the third radiator. I think all Tips have them...

Old 09-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Banned
paul, did you get my PM?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which front bumper for Facelift?