996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Top Speed--- 175

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:54 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alex911s
That's great speed and nice avatar, kudos to your wifey
Thank You Alex911s!
These cars are the ****.

Ciao kdubb,
My Wife wanted to shoot video!
Next time.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
let me know when you shoot video...hope you have mini dv format...

Old 10-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by carbonissimo
My Wife gets the picture credit.
Your wife was with you and she let you go that fast??? Egad!

Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
akinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud of
nice

Nice run and cool picture.

I did 178 in my C4S passing not 1 but 2 CHP's, imagine that.

Last time I will ever try that on a public road.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by akinla

I did 178 in my C4S passing not 1 but 2 CHP's, imagine that.

****!! How did that come out for you?

Old 10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
akinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud of
Got very LUCKY

well by the time they both turned around and got up to speed.

1 of them took after my friend that was in a c4, he took the following exit, and just hid behind a restaurant.

the seond came after me, but I took the first exit, which I was hoping will take me away from the highway. That exit put me right back on road next to the highway.

CHP pulls right next to me to match my speed of 35, luckly there was a fense between us. All he did was just stare me down, while I just looked ahead with a boiling blood head pressure.

NEVER AGAIN for me.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:15 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of

My Son did 176 this morning!
Merry Christmas to all.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:14 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I had my speed run this morning aswell...oh yes...all 3.6 litres of FI fury were in use this morning!

Old 12-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Jurichar is infamous around these parts
I have tried to do this a few times and keep running out of damn road before i cross 160. How far do you guy normally have to go to get up to this speed?!? aren't there people on the roads??

Does anyone have any idea what the legal recourse would be if you got caught? I have no idea, but it would be nice to know incase one of my joyrides were to get interruped up by the five-0

Old 12-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Jurichar
aren't there people on the roads??

Does anyone have any idea what the legal recourse would be if you got caught? I have no idea, but it would be nice to know incase one of my joyrides were to get interruped up by the five-0
You don't really see the people when you pass them at 170 +.
As far as the legalities, ask your local PD.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jurichar
I have tried to do this a few times and keep running out of damn road before i cross 160. How far do you guy normally have to go to get up to this speed?!? aren't there people on the roads??

In most states, speeding is an arrestable offense. For example, in Virginia, any speed more than 80 MPH or a speed more than 20 mph over the posted limit is considered reckless driving which is an arrestable offense. Like not using your signals properly to change lanes or turn, it is a criminal offense and NOT civil.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:21 PM
blah, blah, blah...

Old 12-28-2006, 09:16 AM
ZX9RCAM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by carbonissimo
Took a speed run this morning.

It looks like your digital readout shows 173.....my speedo shows ~6mph
faster than my GPS at 150+

Still, very fast!

Old 12-28-2006, 12:47 PM
tweety is infamous around these parts
According to the local Po-Po here in Houston you can't be busted for speeding per se.
VA has it set at 80, we have the bar set at 100. I was told by a few people that wanted to talk to me about the sportbike that they stopped that you can't get busted for speeding but for over 100 was reckless and therefore an arrestable offense. Since they had lost sight of me I was left off with a warning.

Side question:
Why are speedos not accurate after a certain speed?
The bike that I got stopped on read 186 on the speedo but in the magazines the top speed was 177 regardless of what was showing on the dial.
This sounds similar to that in these cars. Why?

Old 12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Side question:
Why are speedos not accurate after a certain speed?
The bike that I got stopped on read 186 on the speedo but in the magazines the top speed was 177 regardless of what was showing on the dial.
This sounds similar to that in these cars. Why?[/QUOTE]

My guess, is that the wheel speed is an average of the 4 wheels, depending on traction, tire pressure,size, road dynamics; speedos will never show true speed. Distance and time will be the only way to show true speed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Speed--- 175