996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Agency Power exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by alex911s
I had the EVOMS exhaust before, and fits perfect, sounds perfect not too loud, and definitely feel the HP bump.. but then i had the intake as well
That is weird. Wittenbergj said his AP exhuast fits perfectly as well without having to remove the rear fender wells. From how it was described to me, the exhaust is lighter, not as long, but wider than the stock ones, hence they touch slightly and also why they did not reinstall the rear fender wells since the plastic may melt touching the exhaust...

As long as my fender doesn't catch on fire I don't really care. But from what the tech said some exhausts do come in not perfectly matched. I guess that's what happens when I go cheap

Old 10-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Gcookie is infamous around these parts
My AP fit perfectly on my 02. As mentioned before the sound in not loud in the cockpit, but a deeper growl out the rear.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gcookie
My AP fit perfectly on my 02. As mentioned before the sound in not loud in the cockpit, but a deeper growl out the rear.
I don't get it. Why am I the only one who's exhaust is tweaked out on the passenger side and my wheel well fenders can't be reinstalled on my car...

I even took my car to the dealer just to be safe!

Old 10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
wittenbergj is infamous around these parts
Anyone know if there a difference bewteen the 99-01 and 02+ models in the exhaust fitment. Or, maybe your dealer if FOS

Last edited by wittenbergj; 10-23-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Banned
I talked to a couple guys on the board that I trust (including Alex at Sharkwerks) and they said those aftermarket mufflers never have a perfect fit. A lot of bodyshops will actually bend the links slightly to get them to fit correct.

I guess the dealer just did not bother to do so. Also I don't think the plastic panel they were talking about between the mufflers and the rear wheel ever existed...

Heck, I love the sound of the car, and the rear bumper haven't melted yet, so I'm happy , esp. when I'm told the ones with perfect fit are the $3K+ tubi, etc.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Jurichar is infamous around these parts
hey,for those guys who have this exhaust installed. how accurate of a representation of the actual sound is the video that vivid posted on the groupbuy post. I love the sound of that car as its cruising away, but I would hate to be dissapointed and have it not sound that good after I pull the trigget on this exhaust???

Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned
IT IS NICE

I had it on my car for about 3 weeks now. The exhaust note is deeper than is represented in the video as it's pulling away, but not as loud as the Fabspeed, also, I can't really hear it with the windows up on the highway.

Another note, the exhaust, unlike the Fabspeed, will sound like stock when you first start the car with only a hint of the low note. The exhaust comes to life when the mufflers warm up a bit for some reason. I don't know the physics of it. But I do know the Fabspeed sounds the same from step 1.

I personally like the quick "warming up" feature since it keeps me from waking up the neighbors.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jurichar
hey,for those guys who have this exhaust installed. how accurate of a representation of the actual sound is the video that vivid posted on the groupbuy post. I love the sound of that car as its cruising away, but I would hate to be dissapointed and have it not sound that good after I pull the trigget on this exhaust???
Read the write up I did a page earlier for the details. I'm personally very happy with it vs. the Fabspeed. At this point it's more of a preference of what you like.

Unless you got some bad *** stereo system hooked up to your speakers, the actual exhaust note will be lower than you can hear from the movie (at least for me and my crappy laptop speakers).

Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
03targa03 is infamous around these parts
I'm glad with all this exhaust takl, I've been looking into it too.

1 question: Is there an exhaust that does have that Ferrari sound to it? I just love the howl....

Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 03targa03

1 question: Is there an exhaust that does have that Ferrari sound to it? I just love the howl....
there isnt really one that sounds close to a ferrari, cause they aint for a ferrari, two different engines and configures. Not even TUBI which makes exhaust for each would sound the same or close to it.

I wanted the same sound too, but just cant happen.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned

I agree, there isn't an exhaust that will give you that characteristic Ferrari howl. The closest thing I heard will be from the Carrera GT, and god only knows how expensive that exhaust is for the whole car to be $400K+.

The Tubi may come "close" to it, but that's $3K+ and you still won't get that sound (though I have only heard that sound from Alex's old Cayman S with the Tubi). I'm sure there is one out there that comes close to it since those sound engineers can do pretty much anything, but it won't be cheap... i.e. $3K+

The Fabspeed has a higher note than the Agency Power, but I personally like the lower growl, 2nd to the Ferrari howl, which probably will come only from buying a Ferrari.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Jurichar is infamous around these parts
im thining im gonna have to pull the trigger on this thing pretty quick. It sounds like too much fun. Too bad its winter here in michigan now. I think mod season has officially commenced!

Old 11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned
Oh, keep in mind I heard from somewhere that Fabspeed, Agency Power, and a couple other $1K exhaust/mufflers all make their product in the same factory using the same materials.

My assumption from that statement is the build quality will probably be all the same. Difference should only be in the specs each company gives to the manufacturer... i.e. how the exhaust/mufflers sound.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Banned

These guys have specific F1 exhaust designed for the 996 that will probably produce the howl you are looking for...

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/index.p...&oid=45&pid=59

The exhaust is $8K though.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned
Both the Fabspeed and Agency Power Exhaust will accept stock tips... 03Targa03

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power exhaust installed