996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Agency Power exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Jurichar is infamous around these parts
Is the installation of an aftermarket exhaust a reasonable DIY project, or does is necessitate a little experience???I have a modetate amount of 'skill' when it comes to wrenching...never installed an exhaust to date though??

Old 11-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
I would say it should be pretty easy if you can raise your car and have the right tools. About 1 hour for each side I was told. Just unscrewing a bunch of bolts, putting the new mufflers in, and reversing the process.

Unfortunately, I had no tools, nor any way to raise my car, so I ended up paying an arm and a leg to get it done by the dealer.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
For those that wanted the F-360 type sound... the Porsche Sport Exhuast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jaDB...elated&search=

It's personally a bit too heavy and loud for me.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Gcookie is infamous around these parts
DIY mufflers

It's easy if you can get the car off the ground. There are 3 bolts holding the muffler brackets on. Take them off and undo the sleeve to the CATS (Rear of Car). Take the hold muffler, bracket and tailpipe tip off at the sametime. Whole project is a little over an hour. My hardest time I had was reinstalling the tips to the new mufflers with the funky brackets porsche has, but at least the mufflers are out and your working in the open on them. Install the brackets on the new mufflers and your almost finished. One other note you may have to pull your fender out a little to get the muffler in. It takes two people one pulling and the other sliding and twisting the muffler in. Any muffler shop can do it for about $100 if you don't have a lift. Job is pretty simple. A long extension will help if your going to do it yourself and save the $100 bucks... Their right OEM mufflers are bricks. I would keep them if your going to trade your pcar in for a newer one. Dealer may not want after market exhaust.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gcookie
Any muffler shop can do it for about $100 if you don't have a lift. Job is pretty simple. A long extension will help if your going to do it yourself and save the $100 bucks... Their right OEM mufflers are bricks. I would keep them if your going to trade your pcar in for a newer one. Dealer may not want after market exhaust.
The dealer also will charge more, approx. $350 for my install out here in the Bay Area.

I think some dealers may take your car with the aftermarket exhaust on it, but they definitely will not give you any more value for a car w/ aftermarket exhaust vs. stock.

I sold my stock mufflers recently for a couple hundred bucks to a member who just installed a supercharger.

Main takeaway is you can always switch back to stock exhaust fairly easily, you can just offer your aftermarket + $$ for the exchange.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Happy customers Leave me some Rep Points Please

If anyone else wants a special deal on them, just PM me. Also if you have gotten the exhaust, I will offer a special price on the headers. More power, better tone!

Thanks!

Old 11-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned
In case anyone is interested, this is the closest thing I can find that sounds like a Ferrari howl

http://shop.cargraphicusa.com/audio/carp96ets.mp3

Almost twice the price of the AP Exhaust though, and for me personally way too loud.

http://shop.cargraphicusa.com/produc...products_id/76

I think vividracing.com has it too.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Can anyone else who has one do a sound clip???

Old 11-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by vividracing
Happy customers Leave me some Rep Points Please
Thanks!
Hi Dan, I would love to. Can anyone explain to me how I do Rep Points?

Old 11-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
see the weight scales on the right side of the Orange Bar above the join date. Click it!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by vividracing
see the weight scales on the right side of the Orange Bar above the join date. Click it!
+1 buddy

Old 11-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for your support!

Old 11-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Banned
Hi all,

Do the AP exhaust sometimes create a pinging/rattling sound when it's cool that goes away when the car warms up? I am hearing it from the passenger side rear wheelwell and trying to pinpoint if that's coming from the muffler (not a big deal) or from the engine (big deal).

Thanks!

Old 11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor
hmmm...check all bolts and hardware. If it does not do it when it is warm, then i have no idea!

Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Anyone have AP headers with Fabspeed mufflers? Really considering the AP headers, just need more info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power exhaust installed