996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ROW M030 Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Geschwindigkeit is infamous around these parts
The ROW M030 is a nice addition, but, based on my research, doesn't really add much from a handling perspective - more aesthetics, I would say. If you want to make a change which would provide noticeable handling changes, I would suggest the X73/74 route, or, better yet the Bilstein PSS 9/10 option.

Either way, very doable from a DIY perspecitve.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Francisco is infamous around these parts
I love your avatar Set up! Got more pics? I just purchased a RoW Set and will be installing soon. I am contemplating the DYI route, but we will see.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by GREERJ1
Mark J:
I put mine in in my driveway, four jack stands, borrowed spring compressor from advanced autoparts. Very easy job. Might have a bit more complexity for the fronts with the C4. The set up is not to harsh for our local roads and very decent enough for several track days a year. If you are mechanically inclined, this is a DYI. I got a quote from the dealer in Portland Or, gave it to Reitzel in Norwell and they honored the price. There is a kit that Porsche has a part number for that Reitzel was unaware of. paid 1,100 shipped to Norwell, ma.
Jim Greer

Old 10-19-2010, 05:53 AM
GREERJ1 is infamous around these parts
Francisco:
I have more pics somewhere, I will find them. I was at Monticello Motor Club in the Catskills last week, a nice 3.5 mile circuit. Another 01 996 just like mine with the standard suspension was unable to keep up with me through the turns. I will try to post the video clip of he and I taking turns chasing down a GT mustang, in the rain. There IS a difference in the handling by virtue of lowering the CG of the car, the shocks are the heavy duty bilstiens and the springs are a bit stiffer. The Monticello video shows how much better the car can hold the line. Skip thru until I let the other 911 pass and you can see the difference in the suspensions. The watkins glen laps were faster and drier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXzApcMekN4 (Monticello); http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJJ-4vzvVQM (2 laps at Watkins glen.)

Old 10-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Francisco is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GREERJ1
Francisco:
I have more pics somewhere, I will find them. I was at Monticello Motor Club in the Catskills last week, a nice 3.5 mile circuit. Another 01 996 just like mine with the standard suspension was unable to keep up with me through the turns. I will try to post the video clip of he and I taking turns chasing down a GT mustang, in the rain. There IS a difference in the handling by virtue of lowering the CG of the car, the shocks are the heavy duty bilstiens and the springs are a bit stiffer. The Monticello video shows how much better the car can hold the line. Skip thru until I let the other 911 pass and you can see the difference in the suspensions. The watkins glen laps were faster and drier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXzApcMekN4 (Monticello); http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJJ-4vzvVQM (2 laps at Watkins glen.)
Thanks for sharing. I can tell the difference in stance on the one without suspension. I am planning to track my 911 after my RoWs are installed this year and will see how that goes. I cannot wait