996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche to expand control of VW; Take over Audi?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2006 | 06:12 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
I'm not too sure about this. How would you guys feel if future audi coupes shared parts with your future 911's? Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

While I really do like Audi's Im much more partial to BMWs and Porsche, and I can't help but think maybe the fact these are smaller independant companies (not a giant conglomerate like daimler-chrysler, vw group, etc..) that make them the good car makers they are.

Old 11-11-2006 | 10:55 PM
pjalexandre is infamous around these parts
You mean there are no audi/vw parts in the 911?

Last edited by pjalexandre; 11-11-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2006 | 11:07 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kem
I'm not too sure about this. How would you guys feel if future audi coupes shared parts with your future 911's? Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

While I really do like Audi's Im much more partial to BMWs and Porsche, and I can't help but think maybe the fact these are smaller independant companies (not a giant conglomerate like daimler-chrysler, vw group, etc..) that make them the good car makers they are.
I am partial to Porsches, then lambos, then bmw ms.

Old 12-07-2006 | 02:48 PM
|
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Latest update

Porsche CEO discusses coming years, VW rumors

Porsche expects its fast-paced growth to stagnate for the next two years as the market patiently awaits its 2009 Panamera four-door, and as demand for the Cayenne SUV continues to slow. "It will not be possible to keep the company's profits at this high level," CEO Wendelin Wiedeking told Bloomberg. "In all likelihood, we will show the same operative result as in the previous year. But a quantum leap of the kind we saw last year will not repeat itself."

Meanwhile, Wiedeking stressed Porsche was in "no hurry" to increase its stake in Volkswagen or acquire the company as a whole. There are no plans at the moment to completely takeover Volkswagen, Wiedeking said.

Wiedeking also shot down rumors about Porsche, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, and Bugatti forming a premium automotive subsidiary outside of Volkswagen. "Audi lives within the total system of Volkswagen and bringing it our of there wouldn't make sense," he said.

Old 09-04-2007 | 03:10 PM
|
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
After months of on-again, off-again rumors, Porsche is finally preparing to announce a 51 percent takeover bid for Volkswagen, two leading German financial publications have reported.

According to Germany's Der Spiegel magazine, Volkswagen is already buy options that will enable it to acquire additional shares at a predetermined price.
It's not known exactly how high Porsche's stake in VW will go, but both reports indicate it will cross the 50 percent threshold. Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung has estimate early 2008 as a timeframe for the move.

The implications of a takeover are not fully known. Previous reports have indicated Porsche has its own agenda for Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Bentley — all of which compete with in one way or another with its own offerings.

Old 09-04-2007 | 03:11 PM
|
Banned
Old 09-05-2007 | 05:45 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Word out is Porsche now has 31% of VW stock (controlling). I heard the move was made to help keep VW intact, i.e., prevent a hostile takeover from private investors who would eventually breakup the VW companies (VW, Audi, Buggatti) for profit.

IMHO, Porsche made an excellent move here and I really don't see the downside.