996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Good Bodyshop in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Good Bodyshop in the San Francisco Bay Area?

No... not my car

My girlfriend's car got hit and is damaged on the door/ front fender/ driver's side mirror and needs a good body shop and paint shop. I figured any bodyshop/paintshop that is good enough for a Porsche should be good enough for a Volvo.

I had bad experiences in the past at a local bodyshop with my S2000 where they didn't fix it right and took shortcuts in repainting the replaced panels.

Please let me know! Thanks!

Old 11-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
I may also take my car there to get my front bumper wet sanded and repainted from all the stone chips and bugs...

Old 11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
SilverBlue is infamous around these parts
Palo Alto: Carlsen Auto Body is where Carlsen Porsche refers their bodywork to.

Burlingame: Anchor Auto Body and Detailing is where Rector used to send their work to. Although Rector no longer sends their work there, it was due to referral fee issues which led the body shop to sever ties with the dealership. I have had excellent work done by them.

Hayward: I've seen work from Nelson Auto Body and it was really well done.

San Francisco: Auto 280. They specialize in Volvo mechanical and autobody.

John

Old 11-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SilverBlue

Burlingame: Anchor Auto Body and Detailing is where Rector used to send their work to. Although Rector no longer sends their work there, it was due to referral fee issues which led the body shop to sever ties with the dealership. I have had excellent work done by them.

John
Thank you SilverBlue. How is the body shop Carlsen takes their cars to? Do you also know if Anchor Auto Body and Carlsen also work on Volvos? Thanks!

Old 11-14-2006, 02:38 AM
Banned
Oh, I'm looking to call the bodyshop tomorrow so feel free to chime in if you know any Euro body shops that will work on Volvos as well!

Old 11-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Anchor works on just about all makes. Carlsen probably does as well, but is heavily weighted towards Audis and Porsches (no surprise, the Audi dealer is adjacent). GL on your fix.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned
Thank you for all of your input

Old 11-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SilverBlue

John
We took the car to Anchor Auto Body. Their detailing shop got some bad reviews online but the auto body guy was really friendly and I'll update the group on how the repair went on the Volvo.

Enterprise rentals can be better though... their car smells.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:35 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
dim try dell body shop in campbell ca they do lots of f cars rolls .. ask for carlos no is408 370 0189 tell em his shirt guy sent ya

Old 11-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Thank you SilverBlue. How is the body shop Carlsen takes their cars to? Do you also know if Anchor Auto Body and Carlsen also work on Volvos? Thanks!

Call JR or Tom @ http://mathewscarlsen.com in Palo Alto 650.856.6200

Old 11-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
Call JR or Tom @ http://mathewscarlsen.com in Palo Alto 650.856.6200
I tried, but they were booked until way past Thanksgiving

Old 11-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Banned
We took the car to Anchor Auto Body. Their detailing shop got some bad reviews online but the auto body guy was really friendly and I'll update the group on how the repair went on the Volvo.

Enterprise rentals can be better though... their car smells.
At first inspection of the damage area, they did a really good job fixing the damage on the Volvo. I would recommend them!

Oh... Anchor Auto Body in Burlingame... not Santa Clara. I don't know anything about the Santa Clara shop

Old 11-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
I tried, but they were booked until way past Thanksgiving

.....theres a reason for being booked out.......

Old 12-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Roger,

I'm glad that the Volvo repair worked out well. We just had an A4 whose bumper got tapped and Anchor did an excellent job cleaning up the mess and matching the paint.

I also trust Brian's recommendation on Matthews Carlsen.

John