996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Agency Power rear control arms installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Agency Power rear control arms installed

WEll in my other post i told you all that I installed them. Finally got a chance to drive the car on saturday, and all i can say is WOW. Big difference in my car and I have not had them adjusted 100% (corner balancing). Just the difference in the way the car feels is night and day. It does stiffen it up but I am very happy with that.

Thanks again Agency Power! Great product.

Last edited by Brucem; 11-21-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
Nice But!!!

We have used these types of "dog bones" for many years; they do quicken the "response" time of the chassis to wheel connection. The big issue is when you take "an off road excusion" (dig what I mean). When the corner of your car take a hit with these arms installed, the energy is transmitted deeper into the chassis and creates MUCH more damage, hence the OEM design (bends/breaks). We're NOT an advocate of this arm for a street application because of this scenario. havefuntakechancesrideporsche-=Mark

Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
aracerx,
Out of curiosity, who is "We?"

Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 AM
curiosity conscious

WE?....Hmmm....never thought about the WE! anyway...WE is my operation in NYC. Formula Motorsports

Old 11-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Thanks, that's good info to know. I certainly appreciate the knowledge.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
if I am going off road enough to break a factory unit.. i think I am going to have more problems than just one part That going to be a severe hit i would assume..

and Mark I was wondering who the WE is also.. don't see you post too often or ever seen any web info on ya

Old 11-22-2006, 10:53 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brucem
if I am going off road enough to break a factory unit.. i think I am going to have more problems than just one part That going to be a severe hit i would assume..

and Mark I was wondering who the WE is also.. don't see you post too often or ever seen any web info on ya
We had a customer slam his RUF RGT into an embankement coming off the highway. He was doing 70, hit a rain storm, and still had his track tires on. Off the road she went. The only think broken in the rear end was the control arms.

We also had another 18 year old girl "borrow" mom's 996 while she was out of town. She ended up hitting a curb pretty hard. Broken the control arm on that side as well, nothing else damaged.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
We also had another 18 year old girl "borrow" mom's 996 while she was out of town. She ended up hitting a curb pretty hard. Broken the control arm on that side as well, nothing else damaged.
Hmmm how did you ever get hooked up with that chick????

Carl, the car is a bat out of hell...So much better since the AOS was changed..Will dyno again @ MaxRpm soon after I hhok up the Cat by-pass pipes if it ever stops raining. You know what I am talking about

Now back on topic:

Bruce, my man looks great it is time to do mine. Did you get them thru Vivid? You have to let me know how much better they are. I am looking to do them when I install my coilovers, A-arms and GT-3 anti-roll bar. (My next of many projects.) I am gearing up for next season on the track.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 11-22-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Hmmm how did you ever get hooked up with that chick????
Lol, that right, now i remember! I won't say anything that might dig someone a hole! I had forgotten all about that. Too funny.

Glad the car is running great!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:35 PM
AND we just put a "cup" back together after rolling 7 times; no "deeper" damage too! HOWEVER,

Old 11-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
It sounds like the control arms are designed deliberately weaker than the rest of the car's structure so repair will be easy in case of an accident.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:55 PM
NOW we're on the right track

That is precisely my point in the original thread. EVERYTHING we change on these machines has a payback, to a point!

Old 11-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by aracerx
AND we just put a "cup" back together after rolling 7 times; no "deeper" damage too! HOWEVER,
if it was a "cup car" wouldn't it have those type of arms installed
do the cup cars run the same factory control arms and bushings as what is in my 996

Old 11-23-2006, 03:04 PM
control arms

all 996 cup cars ran the OEM upper arms as required in most of the sactioning bodies.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:51 PM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aracerx
all 996 cup cars ran the OEM upper arms as required in most of the sactioning bodies.
BUT they use solid bushing/monoballs all around, yes? don't think they use rubber.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power rear control arms installed