996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Brand new 959 on ebay???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Brand new 959 on ebay???

Sorry if this is a repost or old news...plus I guess it is in the wrong forum...admins DELETE if incorrect or a repost.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
gemballa has been trying to sell that for awhile, youll see it go on ebay on and off. very pricey, thats gemballa fer ya.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
$400K man....is it really worth that? I mean sheeesh...I think I would buy something else and save the rest for a vacation and a downpayment on a house!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
If I had the means to I would buy it in a second. Its not just a car its a piece of history .
A 959 has a living breathing soul.

Bajo

Old 11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Verone24 is infamous around these partsVerone24 is infamous around these parts
doesnt Bill Gates have one?

Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Verone24
doesnt Bill Gates have one?
Yeah Bill Gates helped with the legislation to get these imported to the US. I think Tom Cruise has one...and maybe Jerry Seinfeld who is as everyone knows a big Porsche fan.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:11 AM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BBGT2
If I had the means to I would buy it in a second. Its not just a car its a piece of history .
A 959 has a living breathing soul.

Bajo
Not only that, but at 400 Gs it's priced right about where it should have been when they made them. There is a black one for sale in Excellence (Orange County Lambo) with 19,800 mi for 275,000...... That is a great price for a car so far ahead of its time.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Gcookie is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the rewrite. I didn't want to cut or re-measure the antenna wire. I can't wait for this weekend to do the mod...

Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
that car is def a HUGE piece of history and is faster than most current cars on the market even though its almost 20 years old. 0-60 mph in 3.6 sec and 0-100 in i think about high 7s or low 8s and top speed of close to 200 mph in 1989! price is very well justified and is a beaute even today.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:21 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
amazing car. wasn't here an article about that car and bill gates last month in one of the car magazines? how he had to get president clinton to pass some legislation for him to get his car into the US?

Old 11-28-2006, 06:59 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Great car, but for $400k, I'm down for an F40. Beautiful though.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:56 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Beautiful car and absolutely a piece of history. If I had a spare $400k I wouldn't blink at spending it. The only thing I wonder is how that engine looks on the inside without having oil circulated through it regularly for who knows how many years. Or maybe they drive it short distances regularly to keep it lubed? I'm sure it's been stored carefully, but rust can be a real PITA.

I'll take this opportunity to tell a 959 story since I had the honor of doing a drive with one for well over an hour. A few years ago, I was driving back to Boston in my 996 C4 from my parent's house in upstate NY. I was out on the western MA Pike (i.e. thruway) in the area where it's 2 lanes. I was cruising in the left lane and in the distance was a car that looked really interesting, but at almost a mile away I couldn't tell what it was. Both of us were stuck behind slow moving cars in the left lane, but I was slowly catching up. I got to within a few hundred feet of it when the cars in front of both of us moved over at the same time, and there was a good mile straightaway ahead of us with no cars on it. All I saw was the rear of the car squat down and twin puffs of black smoke come out of the tailpipes as it took off uphill from about 70-75 mph. I dropped to 3rd and floored it, then to 4th, and on to 5th, but the car was still pulling away when I shut down at about 140 mph. We caught up to traffic at that point and he had to slow down and I finally got a look at a beautiful white 959. I pulled up alongside and we gave each other a nod. The guy was probably mid 30s-mid 40s and had his wife/GF in the passenger seat. From there, we stuck together and drove back to Boston at an average speed of 100-110 mph, being courteous and helping each other pass cars as necessary and open holes to let the other guy in. We hit probably 120 or so a bunch more times, but generally just cruised in the low triple digits. At the 95/128 split, we nodded to each other and split off to go our separate ways. An amazing experience I'll never forget.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Beautiful car and absolutely a piece of history. If I had a spare $400k I wouldn't blink at spending it. The only thing I wonder is how that engine looks on the inside without having oil circulated through it regularly for who knows how many years. Or maybe they drive it short distances regularly to keep it lubed? I'm sure it's been stored carefully, but rust can be a real PITA.

I'll take this opportunity to tell a 959 story since I had the honor of doing a drive with one for well over an hour. A few years ago, I was driving back to Boston in my 996 C4 from my parent's house in upstate NY. I was out on the western MA Pike (i.e. thruway) in the area where it's 2 lanes. I was cruising in the left lane and in the distance was a car that looked really interesting, but at almost a mile away I couldn't tell what it was. Both of us were stuck behind slow moving cars in the left lane, but I was slowly catching up. I got to within a few hundred feet of it when the cars in front of both of us moved over at the same time, and there was a good mile straightaway ahead of us with no cars on it. All I saw was the rear of the car squat down and twin puffs of black smoke come out of the tailpipes as it took off uphill from about 70-75 mph. I dropped to 3rd and floored it, then to 4th, and on to 5th, but the car was still pulling away when I shut down at about 140 mph. We caught up to traffic at that point and he had to slow down and I finally got a look at a beautiful white 959. I pulled up alongside and we gave each other a nod. The guy was probably mid 30s-mid 40s and had his wife/GF in the passenger seat. From there, we stuck together and drove back to Boston at an average speed of 100-110 mph, being courteous and helping each other pass cars as necessary and open holes to let the other guy in. We hit probably 120 or so a bunch more times, but generally just cruised in the low triple digits. At the 95/128 split, we nodded to each other and split off to go our separate ways. An amazing experience I'll never forget.

I thought you actually drove one, wondering howd you get to do that... but yeh Im with you, a great privalege to be in the same space with the 959. The closest Ive ever got to a 959 was a matchbox car. Ive never seen one but Ive read about it and def Porsche masterpiece... great story, you are a lucky man.