996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Paintless dent removal? Any Luck?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
Paintless dent removal? Any Luck?

So going over my new(to me) 996 C2 I found a subtle flat spot dent on the "shoulder" of the rear fender. It is on the top side over the rear tire. Has anyone had any luck with paintless dent removal in this area. It is not a bad dent but i notice it when I'm at at jus the right angle. Andy

Old 12-13-2006, 01:17 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
It should be pretty easy to do as access can be made thru the tire well. Get a good referral on this job from dealer or on forum. Not all PDR are the same. Skill and experience really does matter.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
It's best to post your location so others who are by you can post replies.

I had a good experience once.

-Eli

Old 12-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
how does the dent removal work? Glue, suction cups?

Old 12-13-2006, 05:19 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
They will usually have to drill a small hole. They will then pull it out with a metal rod. I had this done with perfect results on the top of the fender. Just make sure they patch the hole. You would be surprised at how many repair shops just leave the hole open.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:27 PM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
I'm in the San Jose California area. I went to Dent Pros today for a quote. they want $135 which seems reasonalble, there are 2 small dents (looks like something fell on the car). They want to drill a hole though in the wheelwell and fill it with a rubber plug, not so sure I want them to drill a hole, body integrity and all. Has anyone seem them go through from the brakelight? Andy

Old 12-13-2006, 07:08 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't worry about the hole. They almost always have to drill from what I have been told. That is a decent quote. I paid $50 for one quarter sized dent.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PTarga
I wouldn't worry about the hole. They almost always have to drill from what I have been told. That is a decent quote. I paid $50 for one quarter sized dent.
I don't know man.......

Sounds a little funny..... I had a guy come-by and he did 5 cars in one shot. I didn't see a drill come out the whole time, smells like fish....

-Eli

Old 12-14-2006, 07:40 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
no drilling

My experience was a palm sized dent on a deck lid, removed without any drilling.
Not on my Porsche.
It disappeared!!!
They push from the inside.
The tech should be able to tell you if he can do it when he sees it.
If he's not sure, NEXT!

Old 12-14-2006, 12:16 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I had some dents removed from my daughters Passat. Absolutely no drilling. I would not do it if they are going to drill it. It worked nicely BTW.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Former Vendor
The guy I used was able to squeeze through rubber plugs, or by inching up panels etc. Sounds like "Mr. Drill" is taking the easy way out.....

LINK OF MY EXPERIENCE

Good Luck,

-Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 12-14-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Thumbs up Found it

So I found a guy to do it that has previous experience with Carreras. No drills. I got his name as a referral from my local mechanic. A big thumbs up for Tony at C.T. Automotive in Campbell, CA.

Andy

Old 12-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
I had it done once. Came out great!

It all comes down to the know how of the tech.

All the best.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
So I found a guy to do it that has previous experience with Carreras. No drills. I got his name as a referral from my local mechanic. A big thumbs up for Tony at C.T. Automotive in Campbell, CA.

Andy
That's great!

Glad everything worked out for you. Doesn't it feel nice when you try to find it.....

-Eli

Old 12-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
This are independently owned and each shop has several people, you hope they are all qualified, but you need to check on the experience level.

In Florida, I have had very good luck with these shops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paintless dent removal? Any Luck?