996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Got a speeding ticket in VA: Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
These posts scare me, makes me want to drive the speed limit.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:12 PM
NDP23 is infamous around these parts
BDH@lefflerhyland.com His name is Brendan D. Harlod Tell him a fellow DC Sportbiker sent ya his way. I Know I have a couple more numbers just gotta find them.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
VA is the one place you dont want to get caught speeding, yes you need an attorney....people go to jail for speeding in VA unfortunately

Old 12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
topspn is infamous around these parts
I'm in VA, and I have 2 friends that had to go to jail for being more than 20 mph over the limit...one actually had to stay in jail for 3 days(he was a good bit over 20 mph's over)...it's absolute F_____G Bullsh_t that VA has become a F_____G communist state in regards to traffic violations, but that is how bad it's become. Sometimes you'll find a cop who gives you a break, but most of the cops these days don't seem to be that forgiving. If I sound bitter it's only becuase I AM!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Regards

Old 12-20-2006, 07:32 PM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
guys, thanks for all your recommendations and help. I REALLY appreciate it. I tried giving out rep points to everyone that posted, but I just got an automated response saying "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours." I'll get everyone + tomorrow.

I'm starting to get pretty nervous given the results here on tickets in VA. I'm going to call the legal numbers you guys provided and see what happens. I've heard a fair amount of "tricks" for getting out of court, but honestly, I just want to hire a lawyer and be done with it. I really don't have the time to play games with them, unfortunately. (But I might have to if I'm going to jail! ) If anyone else has more stories, I would love to hear them (eventhough they are making me damn nervous), its good to hear what exactly I'm getting into.

To the "people who know people who were thrown in jail".... Were they locked up at the time of being caught or after the court hearing? Now, if the latter is true, I'm scared ****less wooohoooo this is going to be fun.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Dont sweat it man!...Yeah if its a jailable offense which most reckless driving in VA is there is the possibility of free room and board provided by the city after the judge ruling..LOL....Dont know you, but as long as you dont have a bad record you will be fine. Just go in there with the right attitude and you will be fine......Who pulled you over?

Old 12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
What a f&$%ing joke this is. 20 over, that's nothing. U.S. Traffic enforcement is the biggest scam going. My friend says at least in India you slip the cop some cash and it's "have a nice day." Unfortunately I have to pass through VA on my way to Florida.

Last edited by PTarga; 12-20-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by topspn
I'm in VA, and I have 2 friends that had to go to jail for being more than 20 mph over the limit...one actually had to stay in jail for 3 days(he was a good bit over 20 mph's over)...it's absolute F_____G Bullsh_t that VA has become a F_____G communist state in regards to traffic violations, but that is how bad it's become. Sometimes you'll find a cop who gives you a break, but most of the cops these days don't seem to be that forgiving. If I sound bitter it's only becuase I AM!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Regards
yo mitch!! stop freaking me out man..... may be down in DC first week of jan. OR if i have to appear in court UGH, then ill stop over in DC first week of feb. we'll grab simon, force him to go out and hit the town

Old 12-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by topspn
I'm in VA, and I have 2 friends that had to go to jail for being more than 20 mph over the limit...
And you all know what happens in jail/prision

Well you get the picture......

-Eli

Old 12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
That's not nice, he's scared enough.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:27 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PTarga
What a f&$%ing joke this is. 20 over, that's nothing. U.S. Traffic enforcement is the biggest scam going. My friend says at least in India you slip the cop some cash and it's "have a nice day." Unfortunately I have to pass through VA on my way to Florida.
this is the truth. speeding infractions are the biggest scam/revenue machine for so many police districts around the country

Old 12-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
this is the truth. speeding infractions are the biggest scam/revenue machine for so many police districts around the country

True, VA is honestly the worst. Technically anything over 25 = 1 day in jail per mph. Example 26= 1day 27=2day 30=5 day...etc....Its all at the officers discretion but still is pathetic. The only thing it encoragues is for people not to pull over because your going to jail either way might as well take your chances on your driving skills . I AM NOT CONDONING RUNNING FROM THE COPS. I NEVER HAVE AND WILL NEVER DO IT AND ITS WRONG.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:48 PM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
Absolutely get a lawyer...Look for an older local lawyer who lives and works in the town of the court house you will appear. He probably knows the judge and can work something out in your best interest. That is what I have done many times when I lived in Va. Not only do you need to worry about the ticket cost but insurance cost increase for several years to come....not to mention you could lose your license for 6 mths or so.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
First of all they cant suspend your license anywhere but in VA (so you wont be able to drive in VA for a little while). What county was this in? Fairfax county is THE worst! I am facing a 97 in a 55 in fairfax county and already have a lawyer but am prepared to do jail time (hope that I wont have to). Fair warning to all of you that drive through VA, DONT speed, especially in northern VA. Its also considered a misdemeanor. Your speed is not that bad. A good lawyer should be able to get the charge reduced and you shouldnt do jail time. How is your driving history? After all is said and done, it comes down to which redneck judge you get. Speeding tickets are the biggest scam if you ask me! When you have 600hp under your right foot its pretty hard NOT to speed.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
And you all know what happens in jail/prision

Well you get the picture......

-Eli
I hate you, Eli

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Got a speeding ticket in VA: Need help