996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

I am the biggest idiot/moron on this planet!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
I am the biggest idiot/moron on this planet!

OK...flame away..I am soooo stupid! What an IDIOT! So I almost wrecked my car last night...story goes like this.

So it is around 1030PM. Lying in bed...ready for sleep. Then I remember..dang I need gas to go to work tomorrow. So...I thow on a hoodie...with my pajama bottoms, a t shirt and flip flops and head out.

Bare in mind..I have not driven the pcar since around 3PM that afternoon. It is after 10PM and pretty COOL outside. Maybe low 50s or lower. You can see your breath in the air...thats how cold ok?

So I get in...start her up...and putt putt it to the gas station that is about .7 miles away ROUND TRIP. So its literally down the street. I am careful not to take it above 3 grand since the car is not fully warmed up. Get to the gas station and fill up.

Now is where I begin to lose brain cells. I am sitting in my car...freezing..and I go and turn OFF my PSM. The streets are empty...and I have the great idea that I will take the car and drive it alittle harder on the .4 miles home right? Yeah moron alert....

So PSM is OFF...I pull down the driveway...4 lane street...EMPTY. It is now 10:50PM on the Monday night. No cars....so I ease off the gas...pull out and like a true idiot...I semi-punch it. What happens? Hmm...

The car, not even skidding...whips itself almost 180 degrees...and then boomerangs back and I am now heading straight toward the parked cars on the otherside of the street. yeah...real genius. I turn the wheel opposite and luckily straighten her out..and continue driving 10 mph all the way home. Scared outta my mind and kicking myself for being so stupid.

Let's recap shall we?

PSM is OFF.
Road is semi slick from cold and dew
Tires are basically frozen slabs of rubber
Rear engined car
300hp and all the torque you can even want
and an idiot behind the wheel with flip flops on

add all that together and what do you get? Lesson learned...loud and clear...

I went home and went to sleep...promised to never speak of it again...

Old 01-03-2007, 05:30 PM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
Alright Irving, I'm glad you are OK & the car too. Next time, put on a cd from Sinatra "My Way" listen until the song end then drive home.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:31 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
At least you made it home

Old 01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
What confuses me the most is that your ride home was .4 miles but your ride there was .3 miles?

Old 01-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Alexs '05 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
What confuses me the most is that your ride home was .4 miles but your ride there was .3 miles?
x2

Good to see you didn't hurt yourself or the car. I've done things like that before when my brain decided to take vacations with notifying me, and had pretty much the same outcome...although my car has no traction control system of any kind so I'm on my own

Old 01-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
easy...he did the loop on the way home

Old 01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Why did you need to make a special trip for gas in the first place. Can't you leave a little early in the morning and fill her up on the way...instead of wasting a trip and gas.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
good call....yeah bad math. Sorry about that! hahaha...the point is its about a mile round trip give or take...so .5 and .5 cool? =)

Last edited by AsianImage; 01-03-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Why did you need to make a special trip for gas in the first place. Can't you leave a little early in the morning and fill her up on the way...instead of wasting a trip and gas.
Because I like to sleep in...as much as possible. So Id rather go in the middle of the night and sleep later than wake up earlier. Plus...going to the gas station around 7:30-8AM it gets crowded. Lots of people get gas in the AM right before work...so going around 1030 at night seemed to make the most sense at the time.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Glad you you didn't crash. Your driving is impetuous, your math is impregnable

Old 01-03-2007, 07:55 PM
i300zxtt is infamous around these parts
You need to drive a Rear Wheel Front Engine/Turbocharged/No Traction Control car like my 300zx Turbo to understand how easy it is to loose control due to excess throttle...

Not only do you have less weight in the rear, all the power comes on at once. Torque? My Z makes my C2 feel like a S2000 running on 2 cylinders.

Last edited by i300zxtt; 01-03-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Did you need to change your jammies when you got home?

Old 01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Glad you're O.K. man..... Now let the flame-work begin!

Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Glad you're O.K. man..... Now let the flame-work begin!

CLASSIC!!!!!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:14 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
That's beautiful . . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am the biggest idiot/moron on this planet!