996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

EVO Supercharger and CA Smog

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
EVO Supercharger and CA Smog

My smog is due this year and I was wondering if it will pass Smog. I know it won't pass the visual part, but will it past the tailpipe part?

Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
If the EVO has a CARB exemption you should be fine. As for visual..it depends on who is doing it.

Trust me there are alot of guys that look in that engine and as long as it was all done right, they cant even tell the difference. They are usually looking for CAIs..and fart can exh...

I thought the Evo kits were CARB exempt...?

Old 01-04-2007, 02:22 PM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
Let us know the smog test result. I'm thinking of putting in a SC unit but hesitated about the CA smog emission.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:24 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
If you come to SoCal, I know a place where you can take it....

Old 01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
c'mon newport.......you need to share.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Well 2 things...I dont know the name, but can get it...my brother in law has an old van in horrible shape....took it to 1 shop the guy says, the way its running and the fact that stuff isnt there, dash lights on like a xmas three, I wont do the check....i'll save you the money, it wont pass....he goes to a place, the guy does the check and passes it...he says, "it passed?" and the guy says yeah, why wouldnt it and walks away...he has used the guy a few times and he does the same thing....so I can get the name, but I would hate to post it as someone may work for the state looking and he will get fined and it will never work...I'll PM kirby the name whan I get it....if he wants to go to Huntington Beach.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:26 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
does this guy have a sister shop in norcal

Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eshaun
does this guy have a sister shop in norcal
Yah right.... Most of the time they are holes in the wall. . .

-Eli

Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts

You still have that slow thing? I tease, I tease!

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
My smog is due this year and I was wondering if it will pass Smog. I know it won't pass the visual part, but will it past the tailpipe part?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RobynC
You still have that slow thing? I tease, I tease!
Oh, Snap!

Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Porsche Chick
Hey Kirb...why did you have a smog requirement? My car is the same year and I didn't.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I doesn't yet. The renewal isn't until June, but wanted to get some info now and not wait until last minute. Isn't smog required after 4yrs?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Porsche Chick
I have heard as long as seven...but not sure.
I doesn't yet. The renewal isn't until June, but wanted to get some info now and not wait until last minute. Isn't smog required after 4yrs?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
i think smog is required after 4 years and i am almost positive it's not after 7 years. my smog is coming up in march. even if we find someone who will turn a blind eye at the visual test, no one knows if it will pass the sniffer. i can only guess that it will since most of the mapping change is when the car is WOT. the smog roller test is done at 15 mph and 30 mph and at part throttle so the engine is at vacuum. maybe if the car is reflashed back to stock.... hmmm

Last edited by karlooz; 01-05-2007 at 01:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO Supercharger and CA Smog