996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Subaru WRX VS. 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
EVO = pizza?

no, actually pizza delivery boy

although the Domino's sign on the top of the EVO ruins its aerodynamics, it does little to affect its aesthetics.

Old 02-29-2004, 03:57 PM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Re: EVO = pizza?

Originally posted by Alan
no, actually pizza delivery boy

although the Domino's sign on the top of the EVO ruins its aerodynamics, it does little to affect its aesthetics.

the sign on top of the EVO, not surprisingly, fits with the rest of the glommed on/stuck-on look.

aside: i wish the mini cooper had the same performance spex w/4wd as the EVO. now THAT i would be all over!

Last edited by karlooz; 02-29-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Banned
needspeedd is infamous around these parts
im only 16 and got an evo my dad owns a 03 porsche turbo, and the only reason my dad bought me the evo was because of how good the evo handles and for the price, he admits how much better the evo handles than his turbo and i bet you that most evo owners arnt ****** like u guys and can out handle most of ur moddified porsches, so stfu

Old 02-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Noel is infamous around these partsNoel is infamous around these parts
haha

Old 02-29-2004, 04:30 PM
joecmess is infamous around these parts
Stop posting with your Thesaurus next to you

Now that I am done stooping to lower levels...

We all made our decisions to buy our cars based on our preferences, financial situations and overall love to drive. Obviously, we can afford to drive what has been hailed time and again, the greatest sports car in the world, and we chose to spend our hard earned cash to do so. Anyone who works hard to pay for and upgrade their cars, no matter how expensive should be respected. (Not for those whose parents bought them their Evo for high school graduation) The fact is your car modded can beat our cars stock, and if we cared, we would have bought a faster car. We would be driving Mustang Cobras SVT's or z06 vettes.. Well, probably Ferarri's...

What most other cars fail to do is deliver a perfect balance of driving, acceleration, handling, and braking out of the box. That is the true essence of the 911, and has been for 40 years.

Peace

Old 02-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I love Porsches, Evo, and Sti's. It is unfortunate that the the Evo and Sti get stigmatized as "ricers". One of the reasons is that they are relatively inexpensive to purchase and mod. And especially in this country, where the WRC isn't that popular, the Sti and Evo aren't looked at with the same heritage in mind as they are in Europe. Although I don't own an Sti or Evo if I were to get one I would mod it with parts that were functional and parralled the rally idea. Grapefruit sized exhausts and cheap parts only push the Sti and Evo further into the "ricer" stigma, and that sucks. As an exmaple, I have found that www.mrtrally.com has rally parts that functional help steer the Sti and Evo away from the teenage street racer mentality.

Last edited by Noel; 02-29-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Fire Eater
MLA911 is infamous around these parts
Hey needspeedd, I'm glad you're dad had the presence to buy you a car that handles so well, but what he failed to do was invest in your education. I hope you spend as much time studying as you probably do on your EVO, because you obviously need it. Your a perfect example of what sets apart an EVO owner from a Porsche owner. Keep up the good work!

Old 02-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by needspeedd
im only 16 and got an evo my dad owns a 03 porsche turbo, and the only reason my dad bought me the evo was because of how good the evo handles and for the price, he admits how much better the evo handles than his turbo and i bet you that most evo owners arnt ****** like u guys and can out handle most of ur moddified porsches, so stfu

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Old 02-29-2004, 05:22 PM
needspeedd is the classic example of the kind of people that ruin cars like the Evo and Sti. In most cases it is the people with the education that hold all the money and can afford the high end sports cars (ie Porsches, etc). The uneducated and uninformed have less money, and in the end they can only afford sports cars such as the Evo and Sti and completely ruin and disregard what the cars stand for in the first place. I love watching the WRC and the idea that I can walk out into my garage and get into a car that offers an experience somewhat close (not really that close) is awesome. Most people in America that look at the Sti and Evo think that they are ugly and "ricer" looking. I would too agree if I had never started to watch and follow the WRC. It's weird...it's like the cars look different to me than they do to the average person. Maybe it's because that large hood scoop actually has function. Who knows?

Old 02-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Red face

Tell your dad thanks we really apreciate that he put his 16 y/o son on the street with such great handling... Just what we need one more zit faced punk with something to prove.

Hey needspeedd, I'm glad you're dad had the presence to buy you a car that handles so well, but what he failed to do was invest in your education. I hope you spend as much time studying as you probably do on your EVO, because you obviously need it. Your a perfect example of what sets apart an EVO owner from a Porsche owner. Keep up the good work!

Old 02-29-2004, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SANDOVAL
[B] Tell your dad thanks we really apreciate that he put his 16 y/o son on the street with such great handling... Just what we need one more zit faced punk with something to prove.

Exactly, stupid punk a$$ kid and dad. Who puts their 16 year old kid in a car like that? Especially with little to no driving experience and obviously no brains. I know this girl who's parents just put her 16 year old sister in a 2004 Range Rover, and she just totalled it. What a waste of 70K+. Everyone knows that when you are 16 you need a pos to practice in. Some people, sheesh

Old 02-29-2004, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Noel
[B]
Originally posted by SANDOVAL
Tell your dad thanks we really apreciate that he put his 16 y/o son on the street with such great handling... Just what we need one more zit faced punk with something to prove.

Exactly, stupid punk a$$ kid and dad. Who puts their 16 year old kid in a car like that? Especially with little to no driving experience and obviously no brains. I know this girl who's parents just put her 16 year old sister in a 2004 Range Rover, and she just totalled it. What a waste of 70K+. Everyone knows that when you are 16 you need a pos to practice in. Some people, sheesh
like father like son. maybe daddy with a 996TT needs to get a clue.

Old 02-29-2004, 06:00 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
the insecurity of the EVO drivers registering at this site just to participate in 1 post and "defend" their cars is . They really must feel there's something lacking to take the time out of their day to come clutter up this post with mindless dribble.

needspeedd you missed a pimple on your chin little boy.

Old 02-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Location: West Texas, where the roads are straight and long, and the law is few and far between.
colateralgees is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ZAMIRZ
the insecurity of the EVO drivers registering at this site just to participate in 1 post and "defend" their cars is . They really must feel there's something lacking to take the time out of their day to come clutter up this post with mindless dribble.

needspeedd you missed a pimple on your chin little boy.
you know, I tried to keep it on the level....just read my posts and tell me I didn't.....but some of you guys are just as bad as anything I've seen anywhere on car boards

it's arseholes like YOU that give Porsche owners (like me) a bad name.....out of curiosity, how many gold chains do you show through your unbuttoned shirts?.....on average I mean....

and by the way, I also own an Evo, as I stated....and once and for all, for me anyway, the Evo is simply more FUN to drive than any stock 911 I've ever been in, with the exception of the 993 TT

I'd love to have both, tho', in spite of some of the detritus that passes itself off as "enthusiasts" on either side of the ownership question.

there...I feel all better now, don't you?

Old 02-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Banned
needspeedd is infamous around these parts
look I didn’t want to be an *******, but u need to give credit to a car that’s only 30 g that can out handle a new 70-90 g Porsche. Of course anybody with a mind would choose a Porsche over an evo, but for the price you can’t go wrong. What made me vent and say that stuff is that half of you don’t even own a new Porsche and my dad with a 996 tt doesn’t even talk or act like any of you all. You guys with Porsches act like such big ****, my friends dad with 3 Ferraris doesn’t even act like you guys

Last edited by needspeedd; 02-29-2004 at 06:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Subaru WRX VS. 996