996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Tubi vs. AP (sorry to beat a dead horse)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
Scott,

The Tubi exhaust is almost the priciest muffler system out there. I think the Ruf is the only one that tops it. I don't regret one bit of the extra dough spent on it. Put it this way, with our cabs, the exhaust sound is a huge part of the joy. Since the Tubis went in, I don't bother to turn on the radio but a fraction of the time anymore. I love the symphony coming from behind. It's an unleashed wild animal.

In terms of performance, none of the mufflers will give you a noticeable increase by itself. It goes as a team with a software upgrade and intake change. And you will notice the difference after that.

Roger, we've gotta have lunch or visit Sharky. My cab is done. I'll give you the details in person.

John
I just got pulled over right in front of my office building today. This is how it went down:
Officer ~"License and registration please"
Me ~"I can't find my registration but here's my license and insurance card"
Officer ~"Ok, hold on a sec"

about 5 mins of radioing and stuff later.

Officer ~"Here you go, just wanted to let you know that your right taillight is out"
Me ~"HuH?"

The ever helpful Foster City Police Officer.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
stsanford is infamous around these parts
thanks to all for the replies.
I'm a very aurally stimulated guy, so I think I'm going to stick with my first choice of Tubi. That is unless I get a decent offer on my car as a trade towards a newer 996 or 997. I figure I need work done for maintenance, can discuss and see where that leaves me before I put more money into the car.

(It's hard to be pragmatic with a car like a 911 though)