996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

I may have to sell my 996 :( sniff...sniff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 05:05 PM
C.Plavan is infamous around these parts
I may have to sell my 996 :( sniff...sniff

I was worried this day might come. I took a new job with a Bio-Tech company. You know, one of those offers you can't refuse... Local territory in Orange County, CA. They increase everything on the $$$ end and throw tons of stock at you. With my old company I had managed 7 states and was gone all the time. My only travel now is to Hawaii... yeah....that's part of my territory now to- I know... it sucks for me.
But what really sucks is that today I just bought a nice brand new 3000sq/ft house that will be done at the end of May. The problem is.... Houses cost over 3 times more down there in Orange County (Ladera Ranch) than what I'm use to. My mortgage is going to almost triple! On a good note, I sold my current house in 2 days for the full asking price.
That being said, My 996 may have to go so I can keep up with my new mortgage payment. I still will have the race car though.
I still have to think it over about selling the car. I sure will miss driving it. Bittersweet job change/move. I do have to say the house is awesome though.... but I can't drive it.
Anyone familiar with Ladera Ranch? It would be nice to have Porsche buddies in the neighborhood.
If your looking for a sweet Speed Yellow 996. It may be on the market soon. sniff...sniff...

Old 02-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Ladera Ranch is extreamly family oriented. I have friends and co-workers that live in Ladera. Some hate it others love it. 90% of the houses in that masterplan are rediculously close togeather. Also the Mello roos are INSANE! It is a great area and has gone through the roof in price like the rest of OC. I have a friend in Ladera that has had a 200K increase in value,That is in the last year and half.

It really sucks that you have to sell your car though! we hope you keep it though there is so many So.Cal events. Any way when you get down come and hang out with us at Crystal Cove.

Old 02-29-2004, 06:10 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Re: I may have to sell my 996 :( sniff...sniff

Originally posted by C.Plavan
Houses cost over 3 times more down there in Orange County (Ladera Ranch
Welcome to Orange County, were the homes are overpriced and underbuilt - pure ripoffs until you get over maybe $1.5m.

hope you don't have to get rid of the 996, it's a perfect CA car

Old 02-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Toothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really nice
Sorry to see you go, Chad. Now I know about 4 whole people within a 100 miles of me with porsche! Thanks a lot, buddy.

Chris

Old 02-29-2004, 11:45 PM
doncapecod is infamous around these parts
Bummer Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Mc4s is infamous around these parts
Look at the good side Chad - in a couple of years you'll be able to pay cash for a new car with the equity you'll have in your home! (fingers crossed)

Old 03-01-2004, 12:49 AM
safetywork is infamous around these parts
Chad,

Welcome to OC. Come out to Crystal Cove, perhaps it'll change your mind about selling your 996.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
What!! First of all Congrats on finding a house!!
2nd.. I have a idea.. if you we get a sponsor for the Race Car you can keep the 996
3rdly This should help you in your choice to NOT SELL!!

Remember our little run in with the law

And out annual meeting at Steinmart

DONT DO IT!! You can make it worth I have faith!!

Old 03-01-2004, 04:41 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Keep your chip up Chad. This will make room for a Turbo in your future... something to look forward to.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Prosailortim is infamous around these parts
I live in Coto de Caza near Ladera Ranch.... you also have to pay "Mello Roos"..... taxes there are crazy..... good luck

Old 03-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah, you gotta love "Mello Roos". It is .9% . So figure 1.9% with the property tax. Everyone I ask says they write that off too even though your not supposed to.

Old 03-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Verone24 is infamous around these partsVerone24 is infamous around these parts
Bro, I gotta introduce you to cousing Craig Lieberman, the assoc producer from the Fast and the Furious, he lives in Ladera too....He just sold the skyline, and the diablo and now drives that mean sounding turbo 996 .....send me a PM, and we can do a meet. Is your current carrerra on a lease? ck out his site www.moviecarz.com

Old 03-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Thats cool. The house will not be done till mid May. We will be down their this weekend to pick out the tile/carpet/granite. So after things get settled, I'm sure I will have some time to check out some cool cars!
I did not lease my 996. I did that once with a Boxster and will never do it again. It kept me from wanting to upgrade it cuz I was just going to turn it in at the end of the lease. It never felt like "mine".

Last edited by C.Plavan; 03-02-2004 at 01:42 PM.