996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Hello all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 PM
K2@Brandywine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Yoshinoya
Welcome Kevin! I am sure you are gonna be an asset to 6, I know I'll be picking your brain.
No problem, I always enjoy a question to make me think.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by K2@Brandywine
I usually charge 7 or 8 hours for this, which includes youching up the flywheel. Just dont replace the rear main or intermediate shaft seals unless they are leaking
so you dont recommend replacing rms/iss even when not leaking? I hear the new seals are doing alright... hate to go off track here, but you got me curious.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:47 AM
ChromeHearts is infamous around these parts
keep the evo! I had a modified evo8 and its been one of the most pleasurable driving experiences I've had. Its fast, cheap, and will give a lot of exotics a run for their money. OH and its sooo easy to drive, you can do power slides with one hand! I mean if you can put up with the plastic interior, sweaty back, maintenance, and tickets then keep it! The evo will always have a special place with me, but the 996 just way sexy!

Anyways welcome aboard Kev!

Last edited by ChromeHearts; 01-30-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Redridge- I live strong by the words "If it aint broke, dont fix it" If you have a seal in there, even if it is the old style, and its not leaking, leave it.

Chromehearts-Yeh, I loved that Evo, amazing vehicle, but the insurance and all was killing me, Im a new homeowner, so that takes precidence right now, yunno?

Old 01-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Thanks for being here for us Kevin.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:35 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Kevin, welcome aboard...do you also own a P-car? I grew up in Broomall and went to Marple Newtown High...small world huh. Are you on West Chester Pike?

Old 01-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Tippy is infamous around these parts
Some of you guys may never know how important a Porsche tech can be for help once your car is out of warranty, a tech on another forum has saved me big money several times. So here is a great big welcome Kevin.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Kevin, welcome aboard...do you also own a P-car? I grew up in Broomall and went to Marple Newtown High...small world huh. Are you on West Chester Pike?
No I don't own a P-car, although these cayman S's are starting to call my name, maybe sometime soon...

Yep, right on West Chester Pike

Old 01-30-2007, 01:30 PM
sms
sms is infamous around these parts
"Motorsports" mod for 996 on track

Kevin, again welcome and thank you in anticipation for what I am sure will be a wealth of valuable info. I am about to embark on prepping my daily driver '02 C4 Cab for track use. In another post a racer had suggested (in addition to safetly equip, 3rd radiator, cup brake ducts) to increase oil circulation on tracked 996s by adding the "motorsports" mod as well as a BK extended oil sump plate. It alluded that PCNA no longer did this mod. Do you know anything about this, and what it entails labor-wise?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.