996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Pulled over for no front plate! GRRRRR!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:41 PM
joekimdds is infamous around these parts
4 tix in 1 month
2 parked
1 by bike cop at a red light
1 stopped by car

they're pushing hard b/c of the cameras at the intersection
luckily, the 9-11 helped every time

Old 02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
rriva is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by newport996
RR,
I live in Newport Beach, and they dont worry about the plates (yet)....Its an LA thing because of the red light cameras.....I did get a tint ticket on Costa Mesa though in my Range Rover.....
17th street is famous for tint tixs. I got one for my suburban (sold) luckily a friend had the same vehicle without tint and I switched plates and got the hub to sign off without removing my tint.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
rriva is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by joekimdds
4 tix in 1 month
2 parked
1 stopped by car

Helped? You mean no tickets? Care to be my sponsor for my 9-11?

Old 02-16-2007, 03:43 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
I dont mind following the "rules" when I can see the thought process.

Helmet Law..I get it...Seatbelt law...I get it...no yapping on a cell phone while driving...I get it.

but a FRONT PLATE serves NO PURPOSE other than to generate revenue for red light cams...as stated before in this thread and countless others on millions of other forums. It ridiculous...so stupid.

ok I am off to lunch.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
I was pulled over for going 45 over the speed limit, but then I placed the car keys on the dash and had my hands open on the dash. He just gave me the fix it ticket for no plates.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:46 PM
tsills is infamous around these parts
Yup, it's a drag. I got one while parked @ LAX. Came back from trip and walking up to my S4 to see the ticket. Worse yet, I did have the plate (but thought I was being smart) as it was up against the lower right side of my windshield on the dash. Ticket said it was above the max height limit or sumth'n...

Old 02-16-2007, 04:52 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rriva
17th street is famous for tint tixs. I got one for my suburban (sold) luckily a friend had the same vehicle without tint and I switched plates and got the hub to sign off without removing my tint.
Thats EXACTLY where I was......

Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
You gotta love Florida: No Front Plates!

Old 02-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
I have a bunch of ticket stories!
1. The day before yesterday I was driving back to the office from lunch. I came to a T intersection, I stopped at the stop sign. I look left, and there is a car coming far away, I see that I have enough room to make the turn, so I proceed. All of a sudden A cop comes flying out of nowhere, crosses all 4 lanes of the street, almost hits me. The guy pulls me over and tells me I ran the stop sign. I told him, that I did no such thing, I told him that HE came flying out of nowhere, crossed over all the lanes and almost hit me. He said to me in a very demeaning manor: "would you like a ticket for not giving me the right of way as well?" I couldn't believe it, what a jerk!

2. I was in NYC driving a Z8, I was a block from my apt. I was with a friend of mine that happens to be a Federal Agent. I was on Madison Ave and 63rd, I was dropping my friend off at his car. There was a metered spot behind him, as I am pulling up to the spot, a NYC traffic car comes out of nowhere, and pulls into the spot as I am getting in it. I think nothing of it since I am just dropping him off. So I just sit behind the cop car, and say my goodbyes. At that moment two overweight women get out of the car, they stare at me and don't say anything. One comes around behind my car and begins to type into her little computer. My friend goes to his car, and I begin to leave, when that fat ***** asks me "don't you want your ticket?" I said "what ticket?" she said "the ticket for being illegaly parked!" I asked my friend to help out with the situation, so he comes over flashes his badge, and she tells him to F-off, that the ticket is already written. $150 for dropping my friend off. I was furious!
I went on line and disputed my ticket, told the story and didn't have to pay the fine. JUSTICE!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:36 AM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
I lived in LA for 20 years. Moved to Florida - no front plates!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:42 AM
ChromeHearts is infamous around these parts
Whats worse is my sister got a "No Front License Plate" Ticket WHILE PARKED! Can you believe that? They just left it on her windshield. I had to take care of it, so I just said to the DMV that my plates were lost and paid the $40 bucks, surrendered my old plates, and ordered new ones. They gave me a temp. in the process and they never checked to see if I put it on the car. This was a ticket from LA, I took care of it in OC. If worse came to worse I would just put fake screw tops and double side 3M tape the plate to my car

Old 02-17-2007, 12:57 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AsianImage
I dont mind following the "rules" when I can see the thought process.

Helmet Law..I get it...Seatbelt law...I get it...no yapping on a cell phone while driving...I get it.

but a FRONT PLATE serves NO PURPOSE other than to generate revenue for red light cams...as stated before in this thread and countless others on millions of other forums. It ridiculous...so stupid.

ok I am off to lunch.
Exactly Im getting a new bumper on my car and I asked a guy at work that doesnt have a front plate and he said they never bother him in Rhode Island here. So you know when I get my bumper Im not putting one on. And you have to love the answers we give when the Fuzz says "Why dont you have a front plate"? Because officer it looks ugly on our P Cars" haha that must go rite up their *****

Old 02-17-2007, 01:59 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joekimdds
4 tix in 1 month
2 parked
1 stopped by car

Do you mean 11-99?

Old 02-17-2007, 02:12 PM
hyper2 is infamous around these parts
man i guess alot of you guys are ib la so am i wow well the tix, its inevidable in la their is nothing you can do but not get cought

Old 02-17-2007, 02:34 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
It's interesting that LA has their red light cameras set up that way. There are cameras at some intersections in the Phoenix area and Arizona is a rear plate only state.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for no front plate! GRRRRR!