996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

How much are you paying for the 30K service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
30K service included a swap out of the spark plugs, engine air filter , oil filter and cabin filter.

Around $120 in plugs (maybe a little less)
Around $ 40 in engine filter
Around $ 50 in polin filter
Around $ 25 in oil filter (up to 40)
Around $ 70 in oil

Give or take on the price of the parts $400. . . . .

I would ask your service advisor what is being done for the 30K you're working with. You may not be comparing apples with apples....

-Eli

Old 02-20-2007, 08:36 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
30K service included a swap out of the spark plugs, engine air filter , oil filter and cabin filter.

Around $120 in plugs (maybe a little less)
Around $ 40 in engine filter
Around $ 50 in polin filter
Around $ 25 in oil filter (up to 40)
Around $ 70 in oil

Give or take on the price of the parts $400. . . . .

I would ask your service advisor what is being done for the 30K you're working with. You may not be comparing apples with apples....

-Eli
Thanks, how hard is to swap the air filter? Can I do it myself? I know the cabin filter is next to the battery and super easy to swap. Can't do oil or spark plugs so dealer it's for those.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
PeterK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschenut911
Thanks, how hard is to swap the air filter? Can I do it myself? I know the cabin filter is next to the battery and super easy to swap. Can't do oil or spark plugs so dealer it's for those.
As I understand it, everything but the spark plugs is an easy DIY.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PeterK
As I understand it, everything but the spark plugs is an easy DIY.
The plugs is the job, everything else is done blind-folded....

As I stated before, it's not an easy task.......

-Eli

Old 02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Can someone tell me or point me how to swap out the air filter? Am I disconnecting any sensors?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Former Vendor
Can someone tell me or point me how to swap out the air filter? Am I disconnecting any sensors?
You can do it by removing the screws on the sides of the airbox located on the right side of your engine compartment. You can remove the hose that goes to the throttle body for easy access.... These screws will sit secure so you only need to back them out.... Once they are all moved out you can then pull the lid up easy..... Slip out the old and in with the new... Make sure you check for the arrows, they should be pointed upwards.

-Eli

Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks, will grab one from the dealer this week and try it over the weekend.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks, will grab one from the dealer this week and try it over the weekend.
If you get stuck, feel free to PM me....

-Eli

Old 02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
MAD CAT is infamous around these parts
Hey AI,

Let me know once you found out where you going to take your car for 30K service, I might need it soon, too!

Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 PM
YellowTT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AsianImage
Hey Newport...I am in LA too...and I am creeping on 24.5K miles so I will be looking to do my 30K soon. Do you think your service guy will give me the same deal? $599 sounds A LOT better.

I am willing to drive down to have it done to save a few hundred bucks.

i'm ready to change my plugs and gas filter at 25k miles. let's go together!

Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
If you get stuck, feel free to PM me....

-Eli
Will do, thanks!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:27 PM
wittenbergj is infamous around these parts
I'm getting close to my 30k and the dealer quoted my $645 in Dallas.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Former Vendor
You guys might want to question your dealers, I heard somewhere that plugs were not being swaped at 30K.

-Eli

Old 02-24-2007, 08:51 AM
wittenbergj is infamous around these parts
$645 includes spark plugs, filters, oil and checkup.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by porsche-t
My indy charged me $581 for plug change, oil change, cabin filter, brake fluid change and visual inspection.
The again look at what kind of homes you can buy in Texas. . . .

For around the 600K marker.....

http://www.homes.com/Content/Listing...ropId=47889843

600K here might get you a condo.

=Eli

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much are you paying for the 30K service?