996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

How much are you paying for the 30K service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
PeterK is infamous around these parts
How much are you paying for the 30K service?

Local p-car dealer quoted me a price of $850 for 30K service on an 04 car.
Is it above/below average? Sounds a bit steep for what basically amounts to the oil/spark plug change.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
Champion Porsche charged me $699.00.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
dice996c4 is infamous around these parts
I believe I paid $1200 and change on my 35k service (for C4S).... I think 30K is considered as a major service.... I may be wrong... $850 is low IMHO.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Hmm, there is quite a bit of range from $700 to $850 to $1200. Could the service be more expensive on the 4S?

Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
No same service and dealers charge what the market bears.....I did 30k on my car at $599, but got quotes on everything from 600 to 1500.....I got my dealer to match the price from a northern cali dealer at 599....here in socal all the dealers were 899 and up....

Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Newport Porsche charged me 1200, I learned my lesson

Old 02-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
indie $450...its really not that major, spark plugs, filters, oil, fluids (not coolant), mine is out of warranty. unless youre really starting to show wear and tear, the labor adds up. the rest is just visual inspections.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by newport996
No same service and dealers charge what the market bears.....I did 30k on my car at $599, but got quotes on everything from 600 to 1500.....I got my dealer to match the price from a northern cali dealer at 599....here in socal all the dealers were 899 and up....
Hey Newport...I am in LA too...and I am creeping on 24.5K miles so I will be looking to do my 30K soon. Do you think your service guy will give me the same deal? $599 sounds A LOT better.

I am willing to drive down to have it done to save a few hundred bucks.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:13 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
I am sure they will....what you need to do is call all over california and ask for the 30k service prices...get the lowest one and ask them to match it....it was at McKenna Porsche...but I dont endorse them....i actually had the last of my warranty work done at Newport because they were such *******s....I had a coolant tank replacement goodwilled from PCNA, they told McKenna, then they switched service managers,...when i called to schedule it, they told me they could not verify this, would not call tham until a manager returned the following week and my car would sit there until then, no loaner, and that was it...if i wanted something different I had to call PCNA, and then have them call McKenna. I thought it was crazy that they couldnt call PCNA and verify. I took it to Newport Beach, all was done, they gave my car a free inspection as i MENTIONED i would be driving to Arizona....so they gave the car a complete going over while it was there. I vowed never to return to mcKenna....wrote them a letter and sent an email and was never responded to...so they dont want my business....I think the low price was in NorCal...in burlingame?

Old 02-20-2007, 08:20 AM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
What does the 30K service include? I may need one by the end of the summer.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by porschenut911
What does the 30K service include? I may need one by the end of the summer.
From what I've been told it is not much more than spark plugs/oil change + visual inspection

Old 02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
PeterK and AI,
Check with Scientific Automotive in Pasadena. I used to take my 78 911 there and recently had my 02 serviced. I think I paid 600.00.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by newport996
I am sure they will....what you need to do is call all over california and ask for the 30k service prices...get the lowest one and ask them to match it....it was at McKenna Porsche...but I dont endorse them....i actually had the last of my warranty work done at Newport because they were such *******s....I had a coolant tank replacement goodwilled from PCNA, they told McKenna, then they switched service managers,...when i called to schedule it, they told me they could not verify this, would not call tham until a manager returned the following week and my car would sit there until then, no loaner, and that was it...if i wanted something different I had to call PCNA, and then have them call McKenna. I thought it was crazy that they couldnt call PCNA and verify. I took it to Newport Beach, all was done, they gave my car a free inspection as i MENTIONED i would be driving to Arizona....so they gave the car a complete going over while it was there. I vowed never to return to mcKenna....wrote them a letter and sent an email and was never responded to...so they dont want my business....I think the low price was in NorCal...in burlingame?
In all fairness to McKenna, Dom is a personal friend of mine (ex-service manager) as he was very understanding to the customer needs. It's really hard to verify and honor things as the new service manager when one leaves.

Major change in the 30K is the plugs, anyone who knows how to perform this job knows and understands why dealers charge upwards of $600 + for this job. Trust me, it's not the easiest job in the world, it usually takes me a minimum of 2 hours to complete but sometimes will take up to 3 hours. Good Luck in your quest. . . .

-Eli

Old 02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Onetime
PeterK and AI,
Check with Scientific Automotive in Pasadena. I used to take my 78 911 there and recently had my 02 serviced. I think I paid 600.00.
We shall talk once I see yo butt! I want some more info my friend!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Onetime
PeterK and AI,
Well, I could only wished that I lived near Pasadena

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much are you paying for the 30K service?