996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My So.Cal CC & Canyon run meet 03/04

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
My So.Cal CC & Canyon run meet 03/04

Here you guys go... These are the pics I captured yesterday. Man that was a ton of fun. Everyone I met was so incredibly nice. Ralph Boothe had so many great stories I could listen to him talk for hours. He brought a few products to show his work, which is impeccable!!! It was funny to hear some of the comments that were made by those who came to the Crystal Cove show to see other cars. I heard one guy ask another while we were leaving "are they drive around the lot in circles?" The security guard "Nope there is that many of them!" We completely took over the place! I had my scuffles with a few people trying to keep the area open for the LA late comers. I had a guy in a big F350 park when I asked him if would not mind moving a couple rows back he replied "You Porsche guys are all the same a bunch of *******s" I was completely taken back... next thing he said... "I own 5 of them...

After CC the run was great (It could and will be longer the next time we meet) I had a great time, exhausted after the day we had it was very complete!

Ron you are the man send me and PM and we will get your calipers taken care of. I have no idea what you are saying about my parking? If you fools want to stand behind a moving vehicle it is your purgative!!! ha ha

I will also point out Leon killed at leat 2 dozen cows in the ordering of his amazing 996 Cab!

I am glad to see most people drove very responsibly and made this event turn out for the best!

So the next event Malibu run or San Diego Julian Run?

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 03-14-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about

Old 03-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Banned by Moderators

Old 03-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Banned by Moderators

Old 03-14-2004, 11:13 AM
safetywork is infamous around these parts
Thanks for posting!

Old 03-14-2004, 11:34 AM
CA996 is infamous around these parts
Great pics Eric
Thanks

Old 03-14-2004, 12:17 PM
blacknight is infamous around these parts
Eric, glad to meet you. Nice pics.

Here are my pics http://www.pcars.us/viewalbum.php?a=103

Video of the run coming soon.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Rodis is infamous around these parts
Eric,
glad you had a great experience, I feel the same way. Just kidding about the parking. Your 968 buddies will know what I am talking about. . . at JT Schmidts. They too are a great bunch of guys and are welcome to join us anytime. Thanks for all the help and the name tags. It helped me a lot because at CC it was so hard to identify who was with us. I'll PM you about the calipers. By the way, your car is way dope.
Ron
c

Old 03-14-2004, 01:22 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Eric,
thanks for guiding me & the name tags. let me know if u need the fender job

guys,
it was great meeting all of u again!

a friendly reminder, check ur oil level. i was down to 2 bar... we were driving that hard!

Old 03-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Ok guys,
I just viewed Richard's (Blacknight) pictures. I vote Richard the honorary photographer for the next few runs. His photos and sequences are fantastic. For all of you who missed the run, view Richards photos. You'll get a good understanding of what it was like. Dude, you definately are the man.

Ron

Old 03-14-2004, 06:40 PM
blacknight is infamous around these parts
ron,

no problem as long as you are organizing. great meet, thanks. maybe we can do a north oc meet since we have couple guys in the area. maybe after tax day. what do you think?

Old 03-14-2004, 07:21 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Great Pictures Sandoval!!!! Looks like you guys had a great day.

Who's yellow Turbo with the HRE's. That car looks great (actually they all do).

Eric

Old 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
samel00 is infamous around these parts
Great pics Eric. Nice meeting you. I will see you in CC next weekend.

Old 03-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Captlst,
that was Handy's car (BasikTT). His user name will throw you off. Definately not Basic. Handy, great car.
Ron

Old 03-14-2004, 09:24 PM
There is some commentary on the original thread. Also, Arling posted Anaheim Stadium pics there. Check it out.

Had a great time hooking up with old faces and meeting new ones.

Aling (20C4S), thanks for posting the pics. And thanks for hooking up my car before the ride.

Eric & Simon (Eride 996) (black wide body) & Miki (Miki4S), you guys were hauling *** today. Crazy mf's. But its all good, I think the 3 of us were all hauling ***.

Rob (Oweyea), I think the only think slowing you down was that USC license plate frame. Ha Ha, jk bro.

Robyn, Miki's just as loud as you now. Both cars sounded awesome.

Tom & Ken (Lucent Motors), bad news about the 1st ticket, but terrible news about the 2nd ticket on the way home. Dude, whats up? If anyone can help Tom out with that problem, please let us know.

Eric (Sandoval), we need you to work on your parking skills. . . JK

Jim (Anaheim Hills Boxster), get a user name soon. . .

Jake (Jakemate) & Leon (C4C_Leon), hit me up about the track.

Larry (CA996) WTF, you been sleeping all afternoon or what?

Peter (Curves4S), aren't you glad you stayed for the run

Ron (TurboRon), I say Techart

Rest of the gang, great to see you again and meet the new faces. Lets do it again in Malibu Canyon

Cheers,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My So.Cal CC & Canyon run meet 03/04