996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

C4S vs e46 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:32 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Hey all, thanks for some well thought out responses. Very valuable and way helpful. In the end, I think the space and practical nature of the M3 wins out for me. I found one that is a Dinan S2 car, with JRZ coilovers and with 3.91 gearing which will drop the torque band into the sweet spot for the local roads.
It also has brembo bbk and a ton of other really tasty mods. I know the c4s would be a sharper tool for the twisties but I am hoping the JRZ Dinan setup will bring the M3 close and bottom line, if I want to carve it up I am blessed to have even sharper tools in the garage.
So practicality(with a twist) won out!
OHHH MAN that is gorgeous!! Listen to me, the M3 will over exceed your expectations even with your collection already, BELIEVE ME.. I have a stock M3, driven tons of them, mildy modded, then a fully track setup sc'd M3.. Even putting basic coilovers into the car with a bad aligngment makes the car a blast and amazing handling, as funny as it sounds believe me, they take well to suspension mods and gears, pullies and so on...

As i mentioned a million times, the M3 is put on the backburner to MANY who have not experienced them firsthand, such a well rounded useable car, which you can take out on the late night and have SO MUCH FUN in, twisties or straights

Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
I have not really made much effort to sell it so took it to the Bay area for consignment. Not real happy with their work so far and am thinking about bringing it home and really putting an effort into it. Heres a link to an ad that has all the info on the car and if you or anyone is interested and able, shoot me an email or pm. Its special in that its light weight and has less restrictive breathing than US cars.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...&cat=11&page=4

Mods, if its not cool linking another site , excuse me and please just remove the link and anyone interested can pm me for details.
Hey, is ur username Riverflyer on Fcat as well? Is the M3 a florida car?

Old 04-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iLLM3
OHHH MAN that is gorgeous!! Listen to me, the M3 will over exceed your expectations even with your collection already, BELIEVE ME.. I have a stock M3, driven tons of them, mildy modded, then a fully track setup sc'd M3.. Even putting basic coilovers into the car with a bad aligngment makes the car a blast and amazing handling, as funny as it sounds believe me, they take well to suspension mods and gears, pullies and so on...

As i mentioned a million times, the M3 is put on the backburner to MANY who have not experienced them firsthand, such a well rounded useable car, which you can take out on the late night and have SO MUCH FUN in, twisties or straights
Esp with your current collection, I agree with iLLM3.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 AM
flash80 is infamous around these parts
Hey all, thanks for some well thought out responses. Very valuable and way helpful. In the end, I think the space and practical nature of the M3 wins out for me. I found one that is a Dinan S2 car, with JRZ coilovers and with 3.91 gearing which will drop the torque band into the sweet spot for the local roads.
It also has brembo bbk and a ton of other really tasty mods. I know the c4s would be a sharper tool for the twisties but I am hoping the JRZ Dinan setup will bring the M3 close and bottom line, if I want to carve it up I am blessed to have even sharper tools in the garage.
So practicality(with a twist) won out!
Awesome car...reminds me of my carbon black 02 (except I had black leather, not the cinnamon). Great mods also, always had a soft spot for those Dinans. I think you made the right choice, C4S didn't make sense with those other choice rides.

p.s. your 00 360 is beautiful....one day I'll get my mitts on one of those (better looking than the 430 IMO).

Congrats!

Old 04-07-2007, 03:23 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Hey, is ur username Riverflyer on Fcat as well? Is the M3 a florida car?
Ha, you from Florida?
This car was from 1/2 florida, 1/2 ny, but I did post in the Florida section asking if someone could take a look at a car for me. The Dr. who owned it turned out to be very full of himself and I got a bad feeling. May sound corny but when I buy or sell a car I hope to make a lasting connection with a fellow enthusiast and am not interested in chasing cars owned by the self rightous.

Thanks gents for the props for the new ride. It is a perfect setup for my needs I think.

As far as the 360 goes, she is a beaut and a rocket. Fastest 360 in the area according to F shop owner who has driven them all. Hope to find a really good new home soon.

Martin, btw, when does the 3 roll in?

Last edited by riverflyer; 04-07-2007 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
C4S is way more expensive than an E46 M3, you can buy a preowned 996TT.. i bet the C4S will keep it's value better though..
if budget is an issue, then i'd go with the M3..

Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3

i agree that m3s take well to mods, just look at my signiture. they are a blast to drive, however, they arent as much fun to drive around town than a Porsche but still fun. the p car is fun all the time, i feel the m3 is the most fun when youre on it hard whereas the p car is thrilling and spectacular ALL THE TIME. i dont think a stock m3 is all that much fun though, modded its a blast.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:00 PM
H Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of light
just wanted to say i don't think it could of went to a better home. i will miss my baby that is for sure

Old 04-07-2007, 10:05 PM
H Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of light
tried to put up a couple pics of her but it said file to large. do you guys know how to resize it manually??

Old 04-08-2007, 12:42 AM
couple pics

Old 04-08-2007, 12:43 AM

Old 04-08-2007, 12:43 AM

Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 AM

Old 04-08-2007, 09:10 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
c4s - GO AWD!!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 12:47 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
I saw a really nice c4s yesterday while I was out drivng the cs. Good looking car on the road. Later, it was parked in front of a restaurant we were going to for dinner. I checked it out more and it definiteley does not have the space or flexibility that the m3 does.

My plan is get a good car (m3 in my case) to use for a couple of years or until fast electric cars with good range become available. I will keep vintage cars, and a ferrari for the beauty and sound and my tt old school cab for the sheer thrill of 643hp!
AND get a quick, silent electric car. They have systems now that are entering the market that charge in 10 minutes, have a 350 mile range and go 0-60 in the mid 4 seconds. Bring me one of those for a reasonable price and it will all be good!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C4S vs e46 M3