996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Any experience with Custom Motors of South Florida?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Dlack66 is infamous around these parts
Any experience with Custom Motors of South Florida?

Anyone have any positive or negative experience with Custom Motors of South Florida? I am looking at a 01' there but am in CA.
thx

Old 04-26-2007, 09:33 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
i'm about to buy a car from them tomorrow. pm me and i'll discuss.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:33 AM
spyderman33 is infamous around these parts
My dentist went to look at one of their cars... He told me that they don't negotiate very much on their cars and that they don't have the majority of the cars you see online just a fraction of those (like the top 20 or so)...The only other thing he said that the cars were in great shape...

Old 04-27-2007, 08:17 PM
miboxer96 is infamous around these parts
I just bought a car from a guy in Miami in April. This guy bought the car from Custom Motors back in September 2006. It is a 2000 C2 with 69K on it, and it looks great. I just took it in today to have the B&M SSK installed, and the installer could not believe that it had 70K on it. He said it looked great. I had a PPI from Champion Porsche and they gave it a thumbs up. There are no dents anywhere on the car, and only one slight, barely visible scratch behind drivers rear wheel well.

The website is not updated frequently, so you'll see a lot more cars up there than they have. In fact, the car I bought is still up there, and it was sold last Sept.

I didn't have to deal with Custom Motors, but the car I have is in great shape. Interior is very nice too.

So even though I didn't buy directly from them, I know they had the car 8 months ago, and it is in great condition.

Good Luck.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
bought my car today. pics coming soon. price was really good. invoice according to kbb.com, car is in great shape, has only minor nicks and an aftermarket stereo. but car has enough options and aftermarket equipment to make it a great deal.

there is no negotiating with them, and a deposit is required to drive a car. so if you're just kicking tires, save yourself the trouble of going there. but if you're ready to pull the trigger, i recommend them. they've got some good deals and a lot of cars that never make it to the website (including my car).

Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Jeph is infamous around these partsJeph is infamous around these parts
(Search is my friend.)

I know I'm digging up an old post here, but does anyone else have any recent experience with Custom Motors of South Florida?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Joeybaggadonuts is infamous around these parts
I bought my 1999 c4 from them in July.-
Like has been mentioned in previous posts, they don't update their website frequently, my car is still listed there.
All in all, the car has been very good- although in my opinion that is more a testament to the car than the dealer- Several small cosmetic things such as a chipped headlight triangle and a roof rack cover that was pushed down into the track. These would have been easy for them to fix but they didn't bother. Also, the oil hadn't been changed - all in all I don't think they went over the car very well although it is in excellent shape.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Pcar.bmp (486.4 KB, 54 views)